Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Ok so mine grenaded and is completely toast. I was going to switch to my 8 3/4 but I didn't realize that I also had to swap brakes and such IF I can find them.

So, I'm in need an a 7 1/4 center section so I can at least keep my Dart on the road.

I will also need a replacement pinion gear as well.

I need one ASAP.

Ok so mine grenaded and is completely toast. I was going to switch to my 8 3/4 but I didn't realize that I also had to swap brakes and such IF I can find them.

So, I'm in need an a 7 1/4 center section so I can at least keep my Dart on the road.

I will also need a replacement pinion gear as well.

I need one ASAP.

On a 7 1/4 there isn't a drop out center section. It would be easier and cheaper to find a complete rearend.

I would hold out for a complete 8-3/4 rear complete with brakes.

I'm sure you can find one here or in a wrecking yard.

Perfect time to do the swap.

Here's a local one with an open rear but could hold you over until you got a sure grip chunk.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/3018067933.html

Being in Canada sure don't help but ya never know.

I would hold out for a complete 8-3/4 rear complete with brakes.

I'm sure you can find one here or in a wrecking yard.

Perfect time to do the swap.

Here's a local one with an open rear but could hold you over until you got a sure grip chunk.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/3018067933.html

Being in Canada sure don't help but ya never know.

Sadly I can't afford the swap. Like I said I either find a new 7 1/4 diff or the car is put into long term storage in the barn.

I've got an 8 3/4 but it has SBP axles on it. Can't find the proper drum brakes so I'd either have to shell out for a disc conversion for the back or swap to BBP axles and then buy two new wheels for the back.

If I didn't owe $8k on the car I'd just part the entire thing out.

I lost my job weeks ago, bills are piling up, don't even have another vehicle right now, the dart has been in the parking lot of my friends apartment building over almost 2 weeks or so, and to make matters worse my grandmother found out a mole on her face is Cancerous, and I haven't slept in days.

So I apologize if I seem a little short tempered.

Not sure how badly one would actually need a 7 1/4. Probably about the same need as a kick to the nuts.

You could also do a 8.8 if your not a purist, its not that hard on the wallet, and you get disk brakes!

Wait it out man, get some rest.

Damn,I'm sitting here with a 7 1/4 with all New Brakes,hardware and Drums that I just replaced with an 8 3/4 !!

Check out B&B Towing in Vanderhoof. He's got a ton of A bodies in the bush and an environmental clean up order to deal with.

Ok guys ive got his paypal .. All we need to do is get him a rear end so he can get out there and find him a job pm me for his paypal

I am in Bothell Wa north of Seattle and I have a 7.25 I pulled from my 63 dart, it has the 9" drums SBP but the brakes are new including springs, shoes and new wheel cylinders.
I was going to try to post it on CL but if this will work Ill be glad to donate to the cause.
Looking at the map its about 400 miles from here.
John

I am in Bothell Wa north of Seattle and I have a 7.25 I pulled from my 63 dart, it has the 9" drums SBP but the brakes are new including springs, shoes and new wheel cylinders.
I was going to try to post it on CL but if this will work Ill be glad to donate to the cause.
John

This one's fairly close. Do we have a lower mainland member that could help in a "relay" to get this rear up to Drache somehow? I'd gladly chip in for some gas money.

You need to make sure you get the right one. Some were c clip type and some were pressed on bearing type. I don't believe the two interchange.

John

PM on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back