Needing a 43 tooth Speedo Gear

-

stumper

Reaction score
I am in need of a 43 tooth, long shaft speedo gear (blue color I believe). If anyone has one laying around that's in good shape let me know what you need for it. I see A&A Transmissions has new ones for $60!!! but I'm really hoping not to go that route. I'm turning up some reasonably priced ones on the net but have not found a 43 tooth yet (41 was the closest). :-(

I would think a want ad would do better posted in the want ad forum. There are parts sellers that look there a lot but never look in a technical forum such as this one.

BTW: you can't always go by the color because ma Mopar used colors over a few times with different tooth counts.

I am in need of a 43 tooth, long shaft speedo gear (blue color I believe). If anyone has one laying around that's in good shape let me know what you need for it. I see A&A Transmissions has new ones for $60!!! but I'm really hoping not to go that route. I'm turning up some reasonably priced ones on the net but have not found a 43 tooth yet (41 was the closest). :-(

I got one from Bill Kay Chrysler's parts department, mail-order, about three years ago. I don't remember how much it cost. You could call them:
(630) 355-7500
1550 Ogden Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515

Good luck!

Thanks for the lead to Bill Kay. I'll give them a try. Yes I did some searches on Ebay and Google in general. Lots of gears on Ebay up to a 40 tooth count for like $15 or so. Have not found a 43 tooth yet - other than the $60 new one at A&W. I'll continue running with out the speedo hooked up before I spend $60 on a plastic gear...

I purposely did not put this in the want ad section as I thought it would get more visibility here. Someone with something as small as a speedo gear might never check the want ads where as they would always check the general catagories - I think. I can put in in that section if Admin wants me to?

I purposely did not put this in the want ad section as I thought it would get more visibility here. Someone with something as small as a speedo gear might never check the want ads where as they would always check the general catagories - I think. I can put in in that section if Admin wants me to?

I've been on the board for nearly 6 yrs. now and from what I've seen there are several parts sellers from everywhere that do nothing but look in the want ad section and nothing else. If you click on the want ad and trans. forums just look at the # of views per thread and you'll see what I'm talking about. Good luck finding a 43 tooth gear but I doubt find that gear used, unless you get real lucky. Reason I say that is it's extremely rare. Not many people run real low gears on the street to need it and racers don't worry about the speedo working, if the car even has one. I agree that $60 for a gear is outrageous but that's what a lot of guys are charging for them now. Again, good luck finding what you need.

...............I think i may have 1.....its b/n but it may b 45 ...will let u know at the end of the week..............kim.......

I went through this a few months back (28" tall rear tires, 4.56 rear gearing called for a "blue" 43 tooth speedo gear for my 904 trans.)

like you I searched ebay,scoured fabo and all I could find was one a few teeth different than I needed....all others could be got for a dime a dozen but the one I needed was upwards of $80.00 with shipping from most places like yearone and so on. so I figured id contact my local dodge dealer (BAD IDEA) they wanted about $125.00 for one (its just a metal bar with a chunk of plastic on it!).

anyhow....I finally ended up coming across a great deal!

at randysringandpinon.com and ended up getting it for $15.00 .

and I was about to pass the deal along to you but it looks like they (along with everyone else) jacked the prices on them up AGAIN....and by a huge margin!!! ( at the end of march I paid $15.00 for the gear and they are NOW literally selling them for $106.00!!!!!)

you might be able to give them a call (they have pretty decent customer service) and tell them you know a guy that not that long ago bought the exact same part and at a MUCH lower price and see if they will work with you on it any.

here is a link to the original thread I posted back when I bought the gear if it is of any use to you. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=136696&highlight=randys+speedo+gear

hopefully you find a good deal on one and without much trouble ......it can be a headache though knowing these places are ripping people off (probably only costs them $0.05 per part to make.

-
Back