Needing a raditor

-

B Taylor

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my radiator in my 65 Dart GT with 225 slant 6 automatic. Can anyone suggest a good replacement?

I am looking to replace my radiator in my 65 Dart GT with 225 slant 6 automatic. Can anyone suggest a good replacement?
A stock one or a stocker for a a/c car would be fine. I can change this thread into a wanted ad if you wish.

Champion Radiator or Randy Pettey. I prefer the latter, but he's more expensive. You get what you pay for though. rpettey4 at comcast dot net

I just installed a 3 row US Radiator 26" and dropped from 210+ to 185. I had to tweak the bracket bottom holes and shroud vs the stock 2 row. Looks stock and worth the $$$

A aftermarket/performance radiator is a waste of money on a stock slant 6 application unless you absolutely can't find a replacement. I can change this thread to a "wanted ad" and you will attract more attention.

I bought an Aluminum one for a Mustang. Everything dropped right in, just had to drill 2 holes in support for one side and get a longer lower hose for the slant as it was on the wrong side but for $40, I couldnt pass it up.

I needed a new radiator for my big block B-body. Took the old one to a local radiator shop where they re-cored it. Had the choice of number of rows and got the fit and finish of an OEM radiator. It cost me around $100 and runs cool as ever. I would not sped a lot of money on an after-market product when original equipment works well for stock set-ups. Recommend looking into that option.

-
Back