Neighbors suck

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I started my car up today to move out of the mud and my neighbor came over to complain. I told I was aware that it was loud. He said I just wanted you to know. Thanks looser. I think I'll swap the 3" flowmasters for some Dynomax bullets. Just to piss him off.

He also said he can hear my dog bark. I should have told him to keep his dog out of my yard.

Time to put up a fence. I see this guys is going to become my new best friend. :finga:

My new nieghbor accross the street called the cops on me last summer for letting my car idle in the driveway at 2pm in the afternoon. The cops had to come out because there was a call but I wasn't breaking any laws. The cop was cool about it. I will go out of my way to not disturb people because they have rights too but what about just coming accross the street and asking me to shut it off if you are trying to sleep. Having the cops in my driveway just pissed me off so she will get no latitude from me anymore. Bich :violent1:

That's why I'm glad to be in the neighborhood I'm in.

On my block - about 25 houses - there are 3 race cars, 4 Harleys, 8 Quads, at least 2 dirt bikes. And the knucklehead kid up the road with a riced-out Eclipse. Around the corner is a guy with a Super Gas car and another race car.

It gets very noisy here in the summertime. And nobody minds!

I have to say, He did atleast comeover and say something to me and I told him I appreciated him doing so, But come one Its 2 in the afternoon.
I could understand if it was early morning or late at night but its the middle of the day.

Whats this guy going to do when its nice out side and my son is running around the yard making noise, or I have people over for a picnic ?

If you want it to be quite all the time use shouldnt buy a house that only has 1/4 acre of land. You will hear youneighbors.

I hate neighborhoods like that. It was like that when I lived with my parents in florida..But now that im up here in tennessee all the older men in the neighborhood always come around to see how it coming with my car and tell stories of old cars they had in the past.

Thats what I thought he was coming over for. Everyone around here has dogs so its not like I dont hear them. Mine are usually inside. Ive heard his bark. I heard him banging away on his house that last few days too.

He was telling how well he got along with the guy that use to live here. If you saw the mess this place was when we moved in you wouldnt believe it. He must have like the mess better then the noise.

I hate to say it, bit I'M the neighbor from hell on the block my house is on. My backyard is an EPA hazard, there's a dead Beetle and a part-time resident Nova that comes & goes, plus my little pride & joy that rattles windows a 1/2 block away. Since I don't live there, the people don't say squat to me. But then again, I was born in this country and speak English. My neighbors just have varying degree's of disdain in their eye's when they see me. Hopefully I'll have the house sold soon and I can make a fresh start somewhere else...... [-o<

i have lived in my house for a year and a half and have had at least five cars the entire time. now the neighbors are getting a divorce and suddenly i get a letter from the city saying i have to clean up my yard :roll: and get rid of all the "junk" cars :scratch: . what junk cars, all of them are one color, all of them run(except the one that isnt mine). rumor has it it was the real estate guy that called the city cause the neighbor was too CHICKEN. yah neighbors suck!!!

My nearest neighbor builds 4x4's for mudding, has 2 big dogs that howl, a very loud quad and likes to party. Good thing we have 200 feet of trees between us. I can't wait until I get the Demon done and can terrorize him for a change. :twisted: :twisted:

Jack

I live in mass and if you aren't driving a bmw or a tree huggging hybrid they look at you horrified. I drive up my street and I'm only going 15 mph and they tell me to slow down, but it's ok for the bmw through. Plus two of my neighbors are nuns!

I'm glad i live out in the sticks!
My closest neighbor is my brother and he has more cars than i do! :shock:

Adam if i were you i would put header dumps on it and fire it up at 2 in the morning!
That will really give him something to complain about! :twisted:

EvilScamp said:
I'm glad i live out in the sticks!
My closest neighbor is my brother and he has more cars than i do! :shock:

Adam if i were you i would put header dumps on it and fire it up at 2 in the morning!
That will really give him something to complain about! :twisted:

LOL... When I first dropped the 360 in my car, I fired it up with no exhaust on it... At midnight.

5 minutes later all the neighbors were assembled in my garage, beers in hand, wanting to help out.

I live out in the country, but still have quite a few neighbors. But none mind if I start my car the road I live on is not nicknamed muscle car drive for nothing.

mikelbeck said:
LOL... When I first dropped the 360 in my car, I fired it up with no exhaust on it... At midnight.

5 minutes later all the neighbors were assembled in my garage, beers in hand, wanting to help out.

Any houses for sale in your neighbor hood ?

When I lived on Long Island we had weekend burnout contests. No one ever complained about the cars. One time the fire department showed up because someone reported the smoke. They hung out and watched.

We did have the bar next door call the Police one night because my band was to loud. That was kinda funny. :mrgreen:

AdamR said:
mikelbeck said:

Any houses for sale in your neighbor hood ?

I don't think so... But I'll look!

The house next door to me sold about 6 months ago for $399k. But it's ugly...

Yeah I know Long Island is just as expensive as it is here. I wouldnt mind moving back but I dont think Michelle would like it there. I may be able to buy the place I'm in now for $160. Cant beat the price and once it all mine the neighbor can complain till hes blue.

AdamR said:
Yeah I know Long Island is just as expensive as it is here. I wouldnt mind moving back but I dont think Michelle would like it there. I may be able to buy the place I'm in now for $160. Cant beat the price and once it all mine the neighbor can complain till hes blue.

I noticed in today's paper that the "for sale" section has gotten bigger and bigger... The prices of houses here is just crazy!

I bought mine for $149k 7 years ago, it's worth over 400 now. I wouldn't pay 400 for this house!

Man...I cant believe houses cost that much. Now I'm kinda wondering if ill ever be able to move out of my apt. Of course things are a lot cheaper down here in Tennessee.

I thought I would have similar problems when we moved here. We were the only couple here that still had kids. I haven't had any complaints, and ended up the nieghborhood handy man.

Well in my nieghborhood,we dont give a crud what people say,we hav one 7sec 67 nova,my ram with dynomax bullets,my moms 67'440 3"sigles,my dads 440 monsters a$$ screamin banshee duster,my yama 660 Raptor,an banshee race quad,two 125 hondas,my best friend an his 383 truggy,a hemi cuda around the block,an 11 sec buick v6 turbo,an i just put some flows on my frilfriends Durango,an The zombie thatll probally never hav exhaust,lol an my little bros 64 rustang 200 with glassbacks,an my dad just got a BOV for his SRT-4 so we fly up an down the street with that day in an day out.I dont care what the people around us complian about,the cops come but they all know me from my girlfriends dad the sargent at the PD,LOL they come a join the fun!

my neighbors dont like open headers, they are just tolerent. we also shot a car bc/cc in my back yard. talk about fumes.......

we had one neighbor that would ***** about my dog barking, so my dad bought some gigantic wind chimes.

I used to be very careful about not running my car after dark or before 9 in the morning. Then one day a neighbor called code enforcement. I happened to know the guy that came out (he has a Mustang) but I wasn't breaking any laws anyway. They accused me of running a business out of my house but since they were my personal cars they can't do anything.

Then one day I had to break in a new camshaft so I ran the car at 2500 rpm's for about 20 minutes, the same neighbor called the law this time. No problem I wasn't really breaking any laws and the cops just wanted to see the car, they were cool about it. After they left I did 4 burnouts (8000 rpm) in my driveway. Oh yeah did I mention it had open headers? 1 7/8" tubes with 3 1/2" collectors pointed straight at her house? She didn't call the law anymore after that. :lol:

BTW don't you have a rather large Marshall and a guitar?

ive got you all beat with the neighbor thing.... when i moved into my house i had no one around me for miles,just woods and a lake......and some neighbors acrost the street (not close and i live off the road by a good amount) used to off road ,dirt bikes jeeps,huge parties (up to 500 people,20 kegs) drive cars into tress and video tape it (i have tape to prove it) tons of vehicles, it was great, then they started to build million dolllar homes behind me ...... well at first it wasnt bad,then when they built the last house (the one farthest away), the zoning wars started..... i had zoning opening the book and enforcing the crap no one ever knew, like since i have 2 acres of property and a house with 2 bedrooms, it states on the books that i am allowed to onlly have 2 cars (and thats registersd, im allowed no unregistered in this town) and since i have a 2 car garage i can have only 1 unregistered car inside it (they have the right to search you garage if they think you have more than 1 unregisterd) this is all because the guy who bought the last million dollar home that is FARTHEST away from me owns a garbage company (hes a ginny) and he knows everybody in zoning (if ya know what i mean...) so i hd to move my boat (zoning said it has to be within 10 feet of your dwelling :roll: ) my brother had to get his dirt modified and trailer out of here because the guy said no race cars are alowed on residential property due to noise restrictions (the car was never started ...it didnt even have a motor in it) i still have the parties every year (its on labor day so theres nothing they can due because zoning is closed) and the live music usualy ends by 10:00... oh yea, and this garbage guyb used construction debri for fill ,so i turned him in and the zoning guys said" we know him well,we'll tell him he cant do it anymore.....,." THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS DONT HAVE LOTS OF PROPETY AND LIVE NEAR THE MOB.......

I live in a good sized town, but I'm the only Mopar, SO, everyone knows where "it" lives! I love pulling up in front of the Kroger grocery store and rattling all of the windows!!!!!! Everyone inside has the look on there face like "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT NOISE!!!!!!!" Headers with dual flowmaster 40 series, not delta flows either! LOL! She's loud as HELL!!!! :twisted:

-
Back