Never forget what happened today

-
Amen man. I was in 4th grade and went home from school early because I was so upset.

I was 15 at the time and happened to not be in school that day. I remember waking up and catching the news just after the first tower was hit. It was all so unreal watching it all unfold. It was a scary time not k owing if there was more to come and if it would strike closer to home if it did. A strange memory of it. It for a few days after it happened I remember the MTV channel played 3 or 4 music videos on loop 24/7 .... And for some reason remember nickelbacks how you remind me song playing over and over.
Now whenever I hear that song that's always a strong memory that I associate with it.

It's a shame that it happened. To many good people were taken that day. Those who were already there and those who were saving lives.

God bless them and the families.

wow, you guys are making me feel old. I was 29. Hard day, Knew someone who was lost. It was weird for me not only for that but also because the night before I had just been with a new girl for the first time. We woke up and saw what was going on. Both sat there in awe, deadly silent. havent spoken to her since.

<toasts to the sky> Miss you Mysh

I was at work and remember one of our coworkers coming down from the lunchroom and telling us 1 tower had been hit, then came back down a short time later to tell us of the 2nd one. Truly a sad and horrific day for too many people.

9-11-memorial.jpg

I will never forget waking up and seeing it happen on the news. Then the second plane hit!

I will never forget that day, that week with the planes grounded!

I was at work, driving my transit bus. Was at the end of the line taking a break when a neighbor came outside and told me the bad news. I didn't really find out how bad things were until I got home and turned on the tv. One of those things you'll always remember where you were when you found out.

God bless all!

Glenn

Wow guys lets keep this going .. I was in school when it happend they didnt tell us what was going on but they put us all in the lunch room all day intell it was time to go home then when i got home mom and dad told me what was going on .. bad day .

I was at work and had to call my wife her family lives there. Her one cousins over slept he was the ups drive for the towers, her other an NYPD officer that helped with the search and rescue. That is a day they will never forget. God Bless all that have fallen and thier survives!

We were camping in the mountains.
Did not here of this until 2 days later
then we met up with some friends and
they told us.
Bless you people.
Darryl

I was 33 and getting ready for work when I caught the news of the plane hitting the first tower and as I watched the news, the second tower was hit. I will never forget, especially those who jumped from the WTC. What a horrible way to go - having to make the decision to jump. I've been thinking about them over the past week. It was a sad day. God Bless America and the families and victims of 9/11.

I was at work at the engine plant when this happened. We went down to the lunchroom and watched the second tower get hit.

Merry terrorist day everybody....

Condolences for those who lost loved ones.

God Bless the victims and the families of 9/11, We will never forget....

I was 24, delivering in my work truck while listening to the KQRS morning show here in MN, the DJ Tom Bernard said that it looked like a small plane crashed into the trade center, then, they were talking about it and what it could be and then the 2nd plane hit, right away, he said it had to be Osama Binladen.

I got to my next stop in Montrose MN, they were all watching it on TV, so I sat down too, just couldn't believe it. Then, between my next stop the Pentagon got hit, then the other plane....every delivery I made the employees were glued to the TV, I was really behind that day making my deliveries. I drove a CDL truck at the time and I remember shortly after that they were concerened about big trucks being used. Then, a couple weeks later, not far from St. Cloud they were stopping all big trucks where they have a seperate section experimental section of HWY (they test different types of concrete and tar etc) Homeland security was inspecting every truck on this section, one of our trucks had to go through, the driver said it took forever to get through.

I just couldn't believe that day, I remember getting home and my roomates were watching TV, we were glued to it but hardly spoke, just silent. I will never forget this day. I turned on the TV today and not much coverage about it. If it were up to me it would be on TV everyday, as well as the Peral Harbor bombing, lots of hero's lost their lives and we should never forget!!! God bless our hero's and God Bless America!!!!!!

Here is what I heard on the radio that morning, I remember it like it was yesterday, hard for me to listen to this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDy0AykFfNs"]KQRS 9/11/01 Broadcast - YouTube[/ame]

I was 33 then.. was working night shift, had gotten home early around 5am, crashed on the couch.. My ex wife and I were seperated at that time, so I was living alone... my mom called and woke me up, asking if I was ok, did the plane in western Pa hit near me, they say theres another plane, it went down in Pa.. on and on... she was frantic, I had NO CLUE what she was talking about... as I am clearing the cobwebs from my eyes, trying to wake up and understand what shes talking about I looked at the tv.. when I fell asleep Sportscenter was on TV and I couldt figure out why the mayor of New York was on tv, and what was that giant cloud of smoke? I started reading the new crawl at the bottom of the screen just as a replay of the planes hitting came on... I dropped the phone to the floor, with my mom still talking.... I was numb the rest of the day.. glued to the tv... basically horrified.. Terrorism claimed a good friend of mine years earlier with Pan Am 103 or Lockerbie Scottland... For me these two events stay linked... and not a day goes by I dont think about them...

'over lockerbie' that should've said.. dont mind my spelling.. just reliving that morning has me all messed up today

My wife met me for lunch that day and told me about it. I had her to drive me home so I could watch the news. Just walked in and seen the the recordings of the towers.

God Bless all the families and rescuers the weeks afterwards.

33 years old,at work.Heard the first on the radio,the second on tv.The phone,didn't ring once,for two days.God bless,for those who sacrificed.

I was 35. At home when it started. My sister called to tell me about it. I had a flight to NJ in October that I was not exactly thrilled to get on. Being a Postal Employee at the time when the Anthrax attacks happened was kind of unnerving. I can remember having to go for training, being walked thru the decon sequence and what not. And how Home Land Security came in with the Bio Hazard Detection units for the AFCS (stamp canceling machines) and all of the vacuum equipment that was installed.

-
Back