Never going to Auto Zone again

-
I love it when people try to inject this POEM as part of American LAW. It's not. It's a poem someone made up. In other words an OPINION. .....and one I do not share.

Why: “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” Surely these words were not written by a prophet on a ****-house wall. We are our governments’ children, self-righteous, self-concerned, self-centered,…well just too may selfies.

If I remember history correctly our Native Americans’ language saved our butts in WWI and then again in WWII. The Germans could not decipher Navaho American language. Native American language was here way before English language, maybe we kind of did squeezed out theirs and inserted ours?

For the most part us Americans don’t like change, don’t like to be meddled with, and enjoy similarities that we have grown comfortable with. May you have an interesting past ahead of you.

When all the brick and mortar auto parts stores have closed and you have to order your parts from places like Rock Auto and wait to get them and walk or ride the bus to work you will only have your self to blame.

Brian

Ain't happenin. Commercial shops will never ever operate using mail order. Not when they can have their parts in less than 20 minutes.

I buy from our locally owned and operated parts house that stocks more than any of the chain stores in town.All the counter guys are good ole boys that know their parts and how to look them up and walk to the back or upstairs and come back out with it. Their motto is "Why Go Anywhere Else". They have 90% or more of the parts I need in stock or be there the next day. When I was building my 67 Dart GT I decided to replace steering box and went in and asked if they could order one for me. Virgil asked "6 cylinder or V-8 and I asked why and he said V-8 had closer ratio. To make a long story short they had both in stock and same price so got it right then. Big ticket aftermarket items I am not in a hurry from comes from Summit. BTW the owner and 2 sons work counter and owners wife runs office and billing. Probably have 15 delivery trucks running all the time. Man, I am Blessed, Joe

Why: “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” Surely these words were not written by a prophet on a ****-house wall. We are our governments’ children, self-righteous, self-concerned, self-centered,…well just too may selfies.

If I remember history correctly our Native Americans’ language saved our butts in WWI and then again in WWII. The Germans could not decipher Navaho American language. Native American language was here way before English language, maybe we kind of did squeezed out theirs and inserted ours?

For the most part us Americans don’t like change, don’t like to be meddled with, and enjoy similarities that we have grown comfortable with. May you have an interesting past ahead of you.

I ran into something that I thought was unique today.
Last night the battery went bad in the smoke detector, beep, beep, in the middle of the night.
Went to the dollar store this morning to pick a new 9v battery up, talking to the cashier, young guy, he said he could talk 8 languages, I thought to my self that's impressive.

I ran into something that I thought was unique today.
Last night the battery went bad in the smoke detector, beep, beep, in the middle of the night.
Went to the dollar store this morning to pick a new 9v battery up, talking to the cashier, young guy, he said he could talk 8 languages, I thought to my self that's impressive.
What? Orc, elven, and others from the games he plays on the console? Sorry, I am a very sarcastic individual. I just find it hard to believe that anyone who can speak 8 languages is working retail, that's all.

He was young, like early 20's even said he volunteered to work Christmas eve for the extra money.
He also was really clean cut, so I assume a college guy.

What? Orc, elven, and others from the games he plays on the console? Sorry, I am a very sarcastic individual. I just find it hard to believe that anyone who can speak 8 languages is working retail, that's all.
I used to help a friend filling in at his Sunoco station at night sometimes. I used to get treated by the customers like I was some middle aged guy who was only capable of being a night clerk.

What they didn't know was that I was a senior Pharmaceutical executive with 11 patents and 10 approved drug products that builds multi-million dollar cutting edge manufacturing plants in the US and abroad.

Their ignorance was exceeded only by their arrogance.

Give it another two generations (roughly 55 years total)...everybody in the USA will be talking English. Let’s face it... how many third generation individuals speak German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc.? I know 55 years may seem like a long time but within the context of time and history, it’s a relatively minuscule blip.
I wish brother, but I doubt it
The mindset of those European settlers was different then the mindset of the Hispanics coming over
Think difference between "immigrant" and "infiltrant"
When the Europeans came over to build a new life in a new country...and build the new country as they went
The Hispanics come over to build their old lives in a new country, and run down the new country as they go

(Speaking in general terms of course)

That's why it was "general"
But what do I know?
It's not like I'm at a family Christmas party with 3 generations of Hispanics (from which the first generation moved here and the second grew up here and the third was born here) who are all yacking in Spanish so I'm on my phone because I (a first generation european immigrant) refuse to speak Spanish while in the US

Oh, wait...thats exactly where I am

That's why it was "general"
But what do I know?
It's not like I'm at a family Christmas party with 3 generations of Hispanics (from which the first generation moved here and the second grew up here and the third was born here) who are all yacking in Spanish so I'm on my phone because I (a first generation european immigrant) refuse to speak Spanish while in the US

Oh, wait...thats exactly where I am
Meh. Ignorance and arrogance.

What's racist about expecting people who live here to speak our language? Rather than call him a racist, which is a sorry way of trying to bully someone, prove that he is wrong.

One nation, one language, one law.

Bet your *** that any and I do mean ANY immigrant who spoke anything but English in public before WWII was punished accordingly. As it should be today.

What's racist about expecting people who live here to speak our language? Rather than call him a racist, which is a sorry way of trying to bully someone, prove that he is wrong.

One nation, one language, one law.

Bet your *** that any and I do mean ANY immigrant who spoke anything but English in public before WWII was punished accordingly. As it should be today.
:bs_flag:

To the OP, I'm with you on not having to press 1 for English. Pressing 2 for any other language is fine, but this is the United States and English is what we speak. I can't understand why "WE" should have to deal with people immigrating to the US and expecting "US" to speak "THEIR" language. I would never move to another country and expect them to speak my language. It just doesn't make sense.

@diymirage , your comment in post #84 reminds me of a story I read about the many californians moving to Colorado because they no longer like what California has become. Then they want to turn Colorado into what they just left :realcrazy:

I don't necessarily think the problem with Autozone........or any other big box store is a company problem. It's more likely a personnel problem. O'Reilly Auto Parts has over 75,000 team members in as of October 5,000 stores, many distribution centers and corporate offices. No way in the world are you going to get 100% perfect customer service 100% of the time. We try our damndest at our store. We are very fortunate at our store. I can name three people besides myself and there's instantly over 100 years experience combined. It's not like that everywhere by a long shot. Even we slip up from time to time. It's impossible to get it right every single time.

@diymirage , your comment in post #84 reminds me of a story I read about the many californians moving to Colorado because they no longer like what California has become. Then they want to turn Colorado into what they just left :realcrazy:[/QUOTE]

Exactly the reason I left Colorado, a state I was born and raised in and Loved until the Kalifornian's flocked in.

When all the brick and mortar auto parts stores have closed and you have to order your parts from places like Rock Auto and wait to get them and walk or ride the bus to work you will only have your self to blame.

Brian
You do have a valid point but at the same time, why should we accept shitty service or treatment? I say that as customers, we should expect a fair deal for a fair price.

67 Dart GT I decided to replace steering box and went in and asked if they could order one for me. Virgil asked "6 cylinder or V-8 and I asked why and he said V-8 had closer ratio.
This is a new one...All power steering cars had the same 15.7 to 1 steering box. Manual steering? I have read that from 1967 to 1969, a 20 to 1 ratio was offered as a fast ratio alternative to the standard 24 to 1 ratio steering box. To me, I would not consider a 20 to 1 ratio to be fast at all!

I wish brother, but I doubt it
The mindset of those European settlers was different then the mindset of the Hispanics coming over
Think difference between "immigrant" and "infiltrant"
When the Europeans came over to build a new life in a new country...and build the new country as they went
The Hispanics come over to build their old lives in a new country, and run down the new country as they go

(Speaking in general terms of course)
They carry the Mexican flag in parades around here. If mexico is so great, why don`t they go back to it !!?? Most I`ve been around are the junkiest people I`ve ever seen.

-
Back