Never was/shoulda been

-
I do wish that folding canvas sunroof had actually been installed on more than just the one show car in the photo. Easy to understand why not, tho: $225 in 1962 dollars is just under $1700 in 2012 dollars. Or, stated another way, that sunroof cost about 10% of the cost of a brand-new 1962 Dodge Lancer. Who the hell's gonna do that? They'd just move up to a bigger car.

I do wish that folding canvas sunroof had actually been installed on more than just the one show car in the photo. Easy to understand why not, tho: $225 in 1962 dollars is just under $1700 in 2012 dollars. Or, stated another way, that sunroof cost about 10% of the cost of a brand-new 1962 Dodge Lancer. Who the hell's gonna do that? They'd just move up to a bigger car.
yeah. That canvas roof is pretty nice

Sorry guys it may be a mopar but is sure is 'fugly'...guess its a developed taste for some...

Love the sunroof and the Suicide doors. The 2 door has a rear roof line that resembles a Avanti. Fun! Thanks Dan. tmm

The rear roofline does resemble an Avanti…or, as armyofchuckness says, a '64-'66 Baccaruda. I think I might've liked to have seen a version of this car with something like that Baccaruda's giant backglass; the only thing I don't like about this rendition is the small-and-high backglass.

Thanks Dan, now I've been watching Madness videos for the last thirty minutes. ONE STEP BEYOND!!!

Thanks Dan, now I've been watching Madness videos for the last thirty minutes. ONE STEP BEYOND!!!

You're the only one to have got the reference, so you win. Where shall I send your toaster?
redbeard.gif

(Remember when "Baggy Trousers" was used to sell Colgate toothpaste in 1986?)

Nice to see you back, Dan. I was thinking 67 notch Cuda. (rear windows, glass &roof sections blending). It's a oddball,I know.

-
Back