New 17 inch trims for my alterkation

-

Relax360

Reaction score
Hey Guys I have been running 15 inch rims on my 67 Barracuda with an Alterkation. I want to switch to 17s to get more tire under the front. I measured the hubs on my Alterkation since it is ten years old. I got 61 inches hub to hub. I was thinking of running 17x8s front and 17x9.5 rear.(car is minitubbed). Thinking 245/45/17 in front and not sure in the rear. Setting the car up for cornering and track time. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Brad

I have 17x8 with 245/45-17 on the front of my car. Check with Bill on which setup you have. The 8 can be too wide if you have the original setup. I am in the middle of changing mine over to the narrower track for this. Not sure what will fit with split tubes. I have full tubes and 345/40-17 rear tires.

So it brings the wheels in 3/4 of an inch on both sides. This makes the 8" fit better. The kit comes with new rotor hubs, and caliber brackets.

When I reinstall mine in the next few days I will post pictures and all the info. I have Wilwood front brakes on my car.

Hey Guys I have been running 15 inch rims on my 67 Barracuda with an Alterkation. I want to switch to 17s to get more tire under the front. I measured the hubs on my Alterkation since it is ten years old. I got 61 inches hub to hub. I was thinking of running 17x8s front and 17x9.5 rear.(car is minitubbed). Thinking 245/45/17 in front and not sure in the rear. Setting the car up for cornering and track time. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Brad
I'd also recommend looking at 18" wheels. The tire selection alone made me go with 18s. You will have a hard time finding favorable tire sizes in 17s.

-
Back