New 408 E85 build using the Trick Flow Power Port 190 heads

-
You are correct. I am just south of Denver at 6,000 ft. Bandimere is around 5,800+. The air here sucks for racing due to various oxygen and density variables. That is one reason my power curve may be lower and flatter than most.

You just need to watch your tune up as you come down in elevation. When you build your engine around nose bleed DA's and then you start dropping down you can kill parts in a hurry.

You just need to watch your tune up as you come down in elevation. When you build your engine around nose bleed DA's and then you start dropping down you can kill parts in a hurry.
Appreciate it. I doubt my car will ever run in lower elevation, but if it does, I will make sure to tune appropriately.

Appreciate it. I doubt my car will ever run in lower elevation, but if it does, I will make sure to tune appropriately.

Pueblo raceway is 4800 ft. With e85, You May run into problems since the required fuel volume is much higher than gasoline. So the afr will slip towards lean more quickly.

Almost done. Painted her today factory 72 blue.
IMG_20190708_131830063.jpg
IMG_20190708_130245469_PORTRAIT.jpg

e85 requires about 30 percent more volumn of fuel.....make sure the carb is built for e85,,,,a good holley black pump with no.8 line will do the trick ...

In vegas i drop the jetting 2 number front and back from stock....at sea level...stock jetting...

e85 requires about 30 percent more volumn of fuel.....make sure the carb is built for e85,,,,a good holley black pump with no.8 line will do the trick ...

In vegas i drop the jetting 2 number front and back from stock....at sea level...stock jetting...
I appreciate it. Running a Holley XP E85 950cfm.
download.jpeg

Today she made her maiden voyage. Cam broke in, a few pulls to break the rings in and away we go. Pretty weak burnout, but I didn't want to push her too hard yet.

I appreciate it. Running a Holley XP E85 950cfm.
View attachment 1715360819

Here is some advice that is worth what you are paying for it.

If you don't have a pin gauge set, get one. Worth every penny.

Then pull the carb apart and pin gauge every single hole in the metering blocks. Then write it down.

I just did a gas carb and it had some holes that were absolutely wrong. Dead wrong. So I called Holley to make sure I wasn't nuts, and the answer from them was just as bad.

You may not have any issues, but you need to verify that stuff.

Here is the cam card. I thought it was pretty stout for a street car.

View attachment 1715335386
That cam is vary close to the cam i had made for my 408.
Told them that i raced at 6600 foot, and wanted to stretch my 3000 stall converter.
Running a little bit more compression and the cam is a Hyd roller
.562/.550 lift 243/247 @.50 duration. ground on a 106 lobe seperation and degree in at 100. as per recommendation.

Only race it, but vary happy with it. RHS head not Trick Flow.
Just showing another High altitude, purpose built cam, for a stroker.
Oh and mine runs out of breath at 5800 rpm.......will go to 6700 but there's no power there.

I have a stock stroke 360 thats barely over 10 to 1
Cam is a hair big, but its 260/264 on a 106. Its 565 lift. Drive it everywhere. Runs 11.20’s on pump gas at 3300 pounds
You have lots of compression and a 4 inch stroke crank. 4 inch cranks eat up a ton of cam duration. Your motor “ could” make 600 ponies and be a streeter. But not with that camshaft
That cam calls for a 115/ 325 spring. Thats for a really mild lobe. As an example mine needed 135-140. No requirements for break-in. Its mild
Not trying to dog ya, just leaving lots of power on the table with the compression and nice heads.
It will run fine the way it is. Enjoy.
Hey B3422W5 your inbox us full, so will ask you here. You mentioned using a 260/264 @ 50 cam in stock stroke 360! Did you advance cam any? How about rear gears? Curious cuz I want to use a 292 mopar purple cam in my stock stroke 360.

Hey B3422W5 your inbox us full, so will ask you here. You mentioned using a 260/264 @ 50 cam in stock stroke 360! Did you advance cam any? How about rear gears? Curious cuz I want to use a 292 mopar purple cam in my stock stroke 360.

Its on a 106, installed per Howards suggestion at 102
28 tire. Had 4.10 gear for a long time. Swapped to 4.30 because 4.10’s were howling. Actually likes the 4.10’s at the track better.
With 4.30’s car is in high gear longer.
Idles at 900, sounds like a super stocker with that choppy big cam.... LOL

-
Back