New 66 Dart 270 Owner

-

Redevil

Sedan Lover
Reaction score
Hello all, the name's Joe, and as of last saturday I am the proud owner of a 1966 Tan Dodge Dart 270 with the Slant Six with only 107K on the clock!

I'll post pics soon.

That being said....I NEED A GAS GAUGE! lol

Welcome to the site Joe. We can't wait to see photos! We can work on that gas gauge problem. Depending on what it does and how it acts it probably isn't the gauge itself.
toolman

ah well the actual issue is that the needle is missing right out of it, so...yeah lol well it works or not has yet to be seen.

here's some quick pics I took with my cell phone when I went to first lay eyes upon her a week ago....and no the plates aren't mine.

IMG00040.jpg

IMG00041.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

and a quick fact about myself, I was originally looking for a 1964 Dodge Polara with a 318, but I stumbled upon this gem. And yeah I'm weird because I like sedans.

Oh and I usually go by Red :)

A missing needle is definately a gauge problem! LOL
I may have one for you. I'll have to dig and se if I can find one. Looks like a fun car. Nothing
wrong with a sedan......4 doors....no waiting. LOL

Welcome Red!I,ve had my 66 Dart for 3 months now,and I just can,t seem to stop working on it.Ofcoarse it,s all to improve it!Pics.of before and after!

trim 013.jpg

trim 088.jpg

Cool car you've got there! I think four doors are pretty cool. With almost all the cars on the road today being sedans, it's in vogue to have one anyway.

Welcome Joe!! Gotta love seeing another early-A finding a new home with someone to breath some new life into it! Really nice looking find! Keep us posted on the progress and enjoy the site!!

Welcome Red
I am sure you will find this the best site to keep you going.
I am a Sedan man myself , Meet Victoria my 66 Sedan.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20010%20%28Custom%29.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20001.jpg

thank you all for the tremendously amazing welcome!!!

oh also, I need an oil dipstick...the previous owner informed me that the one in there now is the wrong one and doesn't reach the oil pan.

ok I'm a dumbass. the fuel needle is there, but it's so far over because the gauge doesn't work that I didn't see it lol.

Last night the damned car croaked on me, due to losing electicity. the previous owner hardwired a cassette player that had power constantly even when the car was off. so now I need to see if the supposed "new" alternator in the car really is new.

Man it sucks when your lights get dimmer as you drive.....especially at night.

Ah well. Cars.

his reasoning was...."well i needed music in the car real quick"

also, he grinded down the the dash behind it too and ruined that section.

so it looks like when I put a legit radio in it i wont have to worry about ruining anything.

**** i hate idiots.

-
Back