new 66 Signet

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
Bought this rust free 66 a few days ago with 19802 miles on the odometer. Car was a barn find 2 years ago and originally white exterior. The engine numbers show as a 1966 273 with a 4 barrel and transmission is a 4 speed and has the original 4 speed hump. Doors close as new, click click from 4 inches away from the body. Everything works including the AM radio, gauges and cigar lighter and door locks. The glass is perfect, no chips yet has the white fog on the outside edges of the windshield. When I first viewed this car in person I couldn't believe some stupido would give this a mickey mouse 2 stage paint job and forget the clear and paint the engine compartment and trunk area flat black. I know what its like to find one of these and add an electric fuel pump 8.8 accel plug wires and another radiator just to start it up, but to leave these things there wasn't my cup of tea, so I put what actually belonged there, cept the radiator which I will find down the road. I'll update this post when I change more of whats needed. Still contemplating if I should just turn it over as I'm still looking for a vert..
5Lb5Gd5Ff3I53Lf3F4c264755f33b8972125b.jpg

66008.jpg

66031.jpg

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Yes there are things it needs, like the Commando valve covers, a left front fender where this one has a dent on it and a pair of bumpers because the front bumper evidently had a hook on it and pulled the bumper out of shape so someone painted them also. More then likely this car had a plastic tarp on it so the moisture effected the glass, most interior chrome, cat whiskers and the paint. When are people going to learn?
Even has the Hurst equipped chrome emblem on the rear under the trunk.
66012.jpg

To rat rod this was a sin and I'm thankful I got the opportunity to remove it from those hands. Any help would be appreciated..
66034.jpg

Could use the stock radiator if anyone has one, I'm sure this was ued just to get it running when it was found..

Hotlines, you should just turn it over... to ME! :) Seriously though I wish you weren't so far away, I LOVE this car! I too am glad you saved it from the hands it was in, they were definitely on their way to destroying a survivor! That is an amazing find my friend, I salute you for saving it!

GOOD SAVE. You should have punched them in the face for even saying rat rod. AYE.

If you really want a vert, get a vert. My best advice is to post this car up in the TRADE forum. you may get lucky.

That is a cool car and I'm glad you saved it. I hope you got the '66 Signet side trim with the car 'cause it's hard to find.

Dude!

Tell me when you are ready to turn this loose. I'm not too far away (Puget Sound), and would love to be the new owner.

Thanx, BB

"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's Best Friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read." M Twain

It might have been a converted 2bbl. car. What does is show on the fender tag? I believe the Hurst badge and shifter are add-ons. The factory one that year should be an Inland. Nice car though! I'm kinda partial to '66's myself!

-
Back