New A-body owner in San Diego

-

SD_R/T

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Hello FABO community. New A-body owner here. Not new to Mopar, though! My '00 Dakota R/T is a bunch of fun :mrgreen:

Anyhow, recently picked up a '68 Valiant. What better way am I going to spend $800, right? It's a 4-door Signet with the 225 slant six. Original black California plates! From what I can tell, this here Valiant's been a San Diego County car all of it's life. Needless to say, the sun has administered a serious beating. Now I haven't pulled up everything and started poking on sheet metal, but it appears to be only minor surface rust (famous last words, right?). That being said, the front right fender has some damage. And it appears it was already previously replaced once - must've come from a blue donor car. Then somehow they managed to get that fender hit again. Maybe their only good eye was their left one #-o

I've only had her less than a week and work has already kept me pretty busy, but I'm looking forward to having some fun with it. Maybe one of these days I'll get a spare hour or two and I can put some work in on it! On to the pictures...

Attachments

• 1 003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 1 020.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 1 019.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 1 006.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 121
  • 1 005.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 1 009.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 119
  • 1 001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 139
The PO was nice enough to leave an extra A904 (from a Duster, I believe) on the backseat !

Attachments

• 1 004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 128
Welcome. Nice Valiant that you have there. What are your plans for it? Don't take this the wrong way, but you must live in a pretty bad neighborhood if you have to put a club a project car. O:)

Welcome. Nice Valiant that you have there. What are your plans for it? Don't take this the wrong way, but you must live in a pretty bad neighborhood if you have to put a club a project car. O:)

Haha. You might be right. But I am not far from the border - anything is fair game around here! In 15 minutes a car can leave US jurisdiction :)

On top of everything else, the door locks don't exactly work!

Thanks for the welcome(s). As far as plans go, right now I'm trying to be realistic. We're not talking show car here. It's running, but I'd like to get it running "well" so that I can use it as a cruiser around town. Slowly work on it here-and-there when I have time. A full tear-down is probably not in the cards at this time. At least not until I have a garage large enough to fit it!

Welcome to the site. I am not to far from you just out side of Temecula. Nice find. Good luck on the build.

And for those of you who were thinking..."there's no way he's got a slant six in there!", I offer proof! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 1 011.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 78
  • 1 012.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 68
-
Back