New cam today for my 416 Storker

-

SBDart

Reaction score
I just got my new cam from Lunati on saturday. it read like this. (SWEET)

Valve Lift .513 .533
Lobe lift 342 355
Avd dur 279 287
Dur @.050" 234 242
Valve lash .000 .000
Center line 106 114

timing @..050" Tappet lift
Also got a set of RHS heads coming soon to
As soon as the machine shop calls be back on the final bore of my block . i will get the rotating assembly from Mike at MRL PERFORMANCE

If you need anything for you car /motor call mike super nice guy and very smart on mopars motors . will not talk down to you at any time . i have meet mike before and talk to him for some time that day . just a very cool guy. and his stuff is prices very right to.

He is a super nice guy. He has built 2 engines for me. I will use no one else. Prices are right and he knows his stuff.

We got our RHS heads from Mike. SUPER NICE guy, and didn't try to talk me into anything that I didn't need just to make a sale.

Other than changing the valve job, the heads are being run as is, and they are the BOMB!!

We got our RHS heads from Mike. SUPER NICE guy, and didn't try to talk me into anything that I didn't need just to make a sale.

Other than changing the valve job, the heads are being run as is, and they are the BOMB!!

Yep ... he is a very good guy.. and knowns his stuff :prayer::prayer::prayer:
And my heads are as is out of the box..

Is that the 60404 cam? I have the 60404 in my old 360 and the specs at .050, centerline, and lift are the same as yours but the advertised on mine says 276-284. Maybe they changed it a little since I put mine in 4 yrs. ago? I'm very happy with mine. Considering my porky car and not being dyno tuned it runs decent and is very streetable. Yours should be a stump puller with 416 cubes.

Sweet .. Do you have any times 1/4 mile on your car. or any vid of it running ? So i can get an ideal on what it is going to sound????? Please.

Mine is only 365 cubes so it will sound a little more choppy than yours. I don't have a video but was thinking about making one. I'll try to get that done tomorrow (if it don't rain) and get it loaded. Back when my car had 4:10's it was running 12.90's (when it hooked up). I have 3.55's in it now so naturally it's a little slower but the Lunati cam is torquey enough it drives great with the taller gears. My guess is it'd run 13.40's now.

Mine is only 365 cubes so it will sound a little more choppy than yours. I don't have a video but was thinking about making one. I'll try to get that done tomorrow (if it don't rain) and get it loaded. Back when my car had 4:10's it was running 12.90's (when it hooked up). I have 3.55's in it now so naturally it's a little slower but the Lunati cam is torquey enough it drives great with the taller gears. My guess is it'd run 13.40's now.

Seems similar to the comp XE274 I have in my 416 with a little more lift. But with a 114? centerline I bet it idles better.

Seems similar to the comp XE274 I have in my 416 with a little more lift. But with a 112 centerline I bet it idles better.

I had an XE274 in my 360 at first and I can just barely tell the Lunati is just slightly more choppy, but the diff is really minute. My Lunati's on a 110 center like the XE274.

I had an XE274 in my 360 at first and I can just barely tell the Lunati is just slightly more choppy, but the diff is really minute. My Lunati's on a 110 center like the XE274.

How does that particular Lunati compare for performance?

Cool . Got my new RHS X heads today sweet... mike @ MRL perfromence did a great job on them. see

lets try this agin.

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_b45ogt.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 538
  • SprintPhoto_b3drot.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 522
  • SprintPhoto_b1gykt.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 499
  • SprintPhoto_bgehbt.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 520
  • SprintPhoto_bvxdct.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 526
Very Cool! Are you going to take it out to IRP…ORP…Lucas Oil Raceway (whatever our race track is called now) when you get done? It’s always nice to see another Mopar out there.:toothy7:

You know i would love to BUT all the BS you have to go thought and all the cut in line as you wait your turn to run. I had my old Dart out there one night on a tuesday night about ten year ago . And all the street racer keep cutting in line just to run that big 13 or 14 plus run i made 4 runs that night i paid my dollors just like they did.. not for me . i like to go up to muince run .. seeing i am at the I 70 & I 465 on the northeast side .

Update;;

i have sended the cam back to Lunati .why you ask. it was a very nice cam kit but it just was not what i was looking for. I am looking for somethinging a little bigger.. so this is what i am going to get still its from Lunati

Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 284/292
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 242/252
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .533/.552
LSA/ICL: 110/106
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
RPM Range: 2500-6600

With a set of
HUG 1506S-16 which are
SB 1.6 ROCKER ARM KIT W/ SHAFTS

Now this will change the whole engine set up . as far as the ROTATING ASSEMBLY go's still just waiting on the machine shop to get back with me on it then i can go forward a buy it.

i got some good new today. i made a trip to the machine shop . just as he was getting ready to call me on my block. it all good block checked out good. now he is going to start doing all the machine work now after a mouth in his shop . it going to be Bore and FINAL hone with a torque plate to 4.070". Deck to 9.588". Install Main STUDS and have then hone the mains to 3.0035". All the lifter bore need to be burnished. So with the new cam and RHS Heads will should be in good to go . now i have to see what a good intake and carb will work on this setup . Mike @ MRL said to go with a air gap intake an a Biggs 750 carb. we will see.:D:D:D:D ROTATING ASSEMBLY is nexted as soon as i get the specs on them i will post them.

The Air-Gap will work great. So will the 60405 Lunati cam. Should be a stump puller. Your build is real close to mine which I'll be posting about in the next few days.

If i run 1.6 rocker with this cam that i have got what would be the lift on my cam . its Advertised @ 1.5's rockers

If i run 1.6 rocker with this cam that i have got what would be the lift on my cam . its Advertised @ 1.5's rockers

Theoretically or realistically? Theoretically it should be .568/.589 but due to the crappy lifter to pushrod to rocker angle (their not in a straight line) of a standard production SB Mopar you always loose some lift. Realistically it's going to be in the neighborhood of .025~.050" less lift than it should be depending on how good the geometry is. Great geometry and you'll only loose about .025". Lousy geometry could cost quite a bit of lift. I've seen it as bad as .050" loss due to crappy made rockers.

BTW: figuring the valve lift with 1.5 rockers vs. 1.6 rockers is simple. If the cam is rated with a 1.5 rockers divide the lift by 1.5 and that'll give you the cam lobe lift. Then multiply it by 1.6 to give you the theoretical lift using 1.6 rockers. Most cam cards have the lobe lift spec. so if you have the card just multiply the cam lobe by whatever rocker ratio you wish.

Good call on the cam change. My cam's a little bigger, and I sometimes wish I had gone even bigger.

Still waiting on my new cam to come back from Lunati .
i may shoot them an e mail today an see what is going on with it.
update you when i find something out on it..

-
Back