New Car poll

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting a new car for my wife. She likes the Dart and the Avenger. I like the Avenger and the 200. I would like your opinions on them if you can. I like the Avenger, with the rebate, employee price, Military and loyalty discount, she can get a nicer car. She loves the Hugger orange and the cuteness of the Dart. I would like to know your opinions defore we go back to the dealer and test drive more cars.
Thanks!

I don't think it should be called a dart but if i was going to get a car like that it would be the dart hands down

I got to drive a new dart. it wasn't to bad. I drove the 1.4 turbo manual version. it was ok down lower rpm's(under 2500) but when it hit 2500 rpm's the turbo was fully spooled up and it took off. I was pleased how it drove and handled. it is a little smaller than my son's avenger though. I'd like to get a new dart but the budget isn't up for it this year.

If its her car, let her pick the one she wants. That way if something goes wrong you can say hey you picked it out not me.

There was a new Avenger with the Pentastar in it at the track.
It ran 14.80's with no traction.
My sister-in-law has a new 200, they normally drive hi end imports, she loves the car.
Her husband has since replaced his 2011 Taurus SHO with a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee HEMI. He loves it as well.
I have a 300C with the HEMI, & really thinking the next purchase will be a 300C with the Pentastar V-6. Hard to turn away from that 31 MPG & with the 9-speed auto, will run as quick as my HEMI 300C.

If its her car, let her pick the one she wants. That way if something goes wrong you can say hey you picked it out not me.
Awesome! love it. I asked her how about a different color. and her response was less than favorable. It's looking like there will be an Orange car in the garage soon.

Awesome! love it. I asked her how about a different color. and her response was less than favorable. It's looking like there will be an Orange car in the garage soon.

Of course you say that to her till something goes wrong, but OH will it be glourious day when it happens.

I test drove a new dart 1.4 turbo last week for the fun of it. It was ok but nothing to get excited over. Went by my friends place with it and he wanted to race me.. Let's just say the Honda Accord drove away from it pretty easy.. It is a new 2 door accord v-6 auto..

Would I buy one? No way... But then again I do not see anything that Chrysler is making that i would spend the money they want for it on it. Just my .02.

test drove a dart rally yesterday just for the hell of it. it was a turbo... not bad i guess.. the automatic trans was very unimpressive though. it felt like it had no idea what gear it wanted to be in.. car had room in it. rode ok. basically just a focus,corolla and anything else in its class...

from what i understand you can get an avenger (kinda ugly for my taste) or a 200 for the same price and some times cheaper then the smaller dart because of the rebates on the bigger two and nothing really going on with the dart right now..

Totaling shifting gears here away from cars but have her test drive a Ram 1500 with the V-6 & 8 speed trans. before making final decision. We just got a quad cab at work
Bought on gov. contract for $24,500 and this truck is just plain awesome. She will think it is a car the ride is so nice and power is awesome for a v-6 powered full size truck. Have not calculated mileage yet but up to 25MPG on highway is claimed.

Oldschoolcuda

We are going to look at the Avengers too. The salesman is even trying to lean her in the direction of the Avenger. With the rebates it will be over $2,000 less than the Dart, and a little nicer I think. She doesn't like the 200 because she thinks it looks like a grandma's car. A truck is not optimal for her . She needs 30+ mpg for her commute each day.

-
Back