New Challenger. Faster than a speeding Bullitt!!!

-
Yep I need one too. I'll take mine with a 6-speed though. :)

I got chills from this video...
haha I'm so gonna get one.

Have a torid red 6spd on order... should be here mid August.. Good driver, not a race car but does run very nice for a late model car and handles nice to for a large car.. All around I really love the car!

Been wanting a Challenger for 35 years !!!

There is a 6 spd. option. A gang foreman from where I work, just retired, ordered one up.

He's also a member here, I believe his screen name is trouble shooter. Congrads on retirement! Life long Chrysler guy, used to wrench for them back in the day.

badass! though i have seen the bullitt, its a great looking car. Toss a 6spd in that Challenger and hell will break loose!

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens to the book values on the Challengers, and the collector/enthusiast values as well.....especially after the original owners paid out such high premiums to own the first group.

I agree with Goody.....I'd rather have seen one with a 6 speed.......that auto didn't do the Hemi much justice I think, though it's impressive when compared to the Elephants of the 70's any way you look at it.........

The Bullitt's just a black Mustang when it's rolling down the road. Way too many Mustangs out there for them to be very interesting to me. The Challenger on the other hand is a rolling legend come back to life........Didn't have to star in a movie to become what it is (although I saw a few, and some famous ones at that...).

But boy do I wish they'd resurrect the classic Black and White interiors too....I'm just sick to death of that grey fabric or leather. It seems like it's the only color material they can think of anymore...........everywhere you look...........Enough already.

PLEASE Chrysler, make some high impact colors with white interiors......8)

I bet after a year in production the tweakers and aftermarket suppliers
will have this car ultrascary.

Saleen is already offering 500 and 700HP versions of the R/T......NOT the SRT

They are comparing Apples to Oranges in this comparsion. The Bullitt is 4.6 with 315 HP and be purchased for less then 30,000 (I paid a little over 29,000). The Challenger is 6.1 and 425 HP and with the ADM, who know how many thousands this monster will cost (wish I could afford one). Just to compare the Bullitt to the Challenger is a real complement for the Bullitt and its 281 CID. A fair comparsion will be the Challenger to the GT500 or next year, the Bullitt to the standard Challenger RT (5.4 with 340 HP). I love the Bullitt for it's "plain Jane" looks (sorry Jane) but it is really quick and can live on 87 Octane. I will check out the RT next year and who know, may add one to the stable if everything works out. The old iron is great for cruising around town and for shows but to travel I want the luxary that the newer cars have (call me old, cause I am). If you get a change, try driving the Bullitt yourself, it is more then just another Mustang. (Just the fact that it was able to hang in there with the Challenger SRT8 tells you a lot about the car.)

I have seen a few new challengers in real life, it really didn't impress me as much as I thought. In all the magazines it looked like a small car (maybe like the size of the original) and it had a nice stance. But I personally thought the rims were too big and ride height was too high (even my dad thought it's ride height was too tall). Don't get me wrong...I along with everyone here would love to own one of these beasts, but it might me more practical with the other models and not just the SRT. Overall, I think it is a solid car but I think they are coming out with it too late (should have introduced it years ago with the mustang). I LOVE IT THOUGH!

They are comparing Apples to Oranges in this comparsion. The Bullitt is 4.6 with 315 HP and be purchased for less then 30,000 (I paid a little over 29,000). The Challenger is 6.1 and 425 HP and with the ADM, who know how many thousands this monster will cost (wish I could afford one). Just to compare the Bullitt to the Challenger is a real complement for the Bullitt and its 281 CID. A fair comparsion will be the Challenger to the GT500 or next year, the Bullitt to the standard Challenger RT (5.4 with 340 HP).

Motor Trend has a comparison of the SRT Challenger to the GT500 Mustang.
The GT500 is faster but Motor Trend feels the Challenger "is a more refined and sorted out car" then the GT500 is. I think when the Challengers start rolling out of the factory with the manual trans that will be one heck of car.

-
Back