new daily driver

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
It finally happened. I bought myself a new car to replace my dart as my daily.

It has hemispherical pistons has a high compression ration and gets 40 mpg, any guesses :) It wont cost me much more each month than what I was paying in gas for the dart....

:glasses7:

A 2.6 "Hemi" K-Car?

Could be anything if it's a 2.6L, they used that engine in K-Cars, Caravans, Trucks, even Industrial Equipment (Fork Lifts, Generators, etc)

I had a 2.6L in my '84 D50 pickup for many years, the only modifications done were my dad shaved the head (Aftermarket non-jet valve head. 11 to 1 compression), did a Balancing Shaft Elimination, and a Double Roller Timing Chain. That was back when he owned the truck.

I beat the snot out of it every day, and it lived a long hard life until about 270,000 miles when it finally died... Which was surprising that it lived so long, because I would wail on it. Side stepping the clutch, constantly driving around in 4WD (even if the roads were dry)... Damn thing wouldn't get traction in 2WD if its life depended on it :cheers: Plowed snow with it in the winter.

When the 2.6 died, I swapped in a 2.3L Turbo Diesel, and then a 2.5L Intercooled Turbo Diesel, and then another 2.6L (13.5 to 1 Compression, non-jet valve head, header, port & polish, custom cam, balancing shaft elimination, forged crank, forged rods, blah blah blah)

Ran that for about a month, yanked it out and dropped in a Small Block :cheers: :burnout:

The way the original post sounds, he is talking about a moderately priced new car. What new car that gets 40 mpg has hemi combustion chambers?

modern foreign has headers standard....
I've seen people refer to it as a "hemi", but now cant seem to find a reference. you be the judge.

a pic.. :) couldnt wait for the new dart :(

Attachments

• no_peaking.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 129
How much was the new to you ride?(monthly payment ,etc.) That cost should be factored in your fuel savings vs the dart.

just curious, Lawrence

Something with a Toyota 3TC in it. I had one of those engines I put in an MGB for auto x racing. Great engines. Here is a piston.

Attachments

• 3tc_wiseco_high.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 123
There at it again, copy cat'in our stuff again. Bastards! LOL!

haha, no its a mazda3 skyactiv tech

should be just a bit over 500 after gas, insurance and payments per month

i was spending about 400 on gas...

-
Back