New Demon owner from Oklahoma

-

chavezychavez

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a really decent 1971 Dodge demon it is a rolling shell missing engine and tranny it was a 318/1 barrel car about 95% rust free needs a little love. Anyways not going to rush this one probably going to take me about 3-5 yrs to get it right just bought it to know I will have one.
I have a few questions?
1. What doors interchange with this body style?
2. What other car parts interchange with this car?
3. How hard is it to covert the gauges to a rallye package set-up?
4. What factory center consoles interchange?

Looking fwd to restoring the demon and looked fwd to your replies
CYC

welcome to fabo! Check out my Demon resto project. Do a search on my name and you will see it.

Welcome to FABO! Where in Oklahoma are you from? I stayed in Altus last weekend for Summers Last Blast. It was held in Vernon Texas and I was in my 71 340 Demon... This is the 4th Demon I have owned in about 30 yrs.

Welcome to FABO! I'm originally from Bartlesville, but I've lived in Norman for the last five years.

The doors will interchange with a duster, I happen to have a drivers side door if you need one.

Welcome to FABO! Where in Oklahoma are you from? I stayed in Altus last weekend for Summers Last Blast. It was held in Vernon Texas and I was in my 71 340 Demon... This is the 4th Demon I have owned in about 30 yrs.

I am in the military at Tinker, AFB Live down in Chickasha originally from Northern New Mexico.

I have had several mopars thru out the years just not an A Body. These where my past cars should have held onto
1. 1970 Red Challenger R/T 383/4 speed
2. 1970 Lime Green Road runner 383/4 speed
3. 1970 B5 blue Charger 500 318/auto
4. 1973 Top Bannana yellow Challenger ralleye 340/4speed
5. 1968 Viper Blue Dodge D100 383/2 barrel
6. 1998 White SST/Ram

CYC

Welcome to FABO!
Sounds like you have a great start on a good project car there!

Welcome to another demon being saved.
Duster dart sport and demon doors are the same
A body consoles fit need brackets on hump
Rallye gauges you will need the steel frame

Guys,
Thanks for the welcome here is my other toy 1984 AMC Jeep Scrambler I just bought this april all original 99% rust free 4cylinder/4speed with 133,000 original miles runs perfect and use's no oil and still cruises 70 miles per hour and gets 22-25 MPG what else could you ask for?

Say Hello to my Little Mule "PEPE"

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

scram004.jpg

updated001.jpg

updated007.jpg

updated005.jpg

Welcome to another demon being saved.
Duster dart sport and demon doors are the same
A body consoles fit need brackets on hump
Rallye gauges you will need the steel frame

I am confused dont the 1971 demons have a steel dash? I know the gauges should fit just need different bezel correct?

-
Back