New Dodge Dart.

-

DusterDilly

Mopar its a way of life
Reaction score
Just got my first A Body, 1974 Dodge Dart swinger , all numbers matching 318 904 transmission on the column 72,078 miles. Yellow with tan interior, the car was some rust on the rear quarters and a patch side on the front fenders. it has sat for four years. and fired right up and everything works and i mean everything!!!!!!! it will be painted in A bright orange, it does have a the fender tag and all the original stickers.. Mopar Or Nocar....

1. how do i get the bumpettes off. I hate them.
2. where would i find the buildsheet on this year dart.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 7.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 6.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 582
  • 5.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 570
  • 4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 579
  • 3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 566
Build sheet can be in a number of places...... Look under the rear seat cushion, under the interior carpet, behind the glove box compartment, underside of the bench seat cushion etc......Those are just some of the places I have located them before in my cars over the years. Anyone else feel free to chime in on other places you all have located the build sheets.

Bumpettes? I'm going to assume you mean the rubber contact points on the bumpers. To get the small rubber bumpers off of your bumper first remove the bumper from the vehicle and then unbolt them from the backside of the bumper you'll still be left with the mounting area and the holes for the rubber bumpers though.

Looks like a solid project! I found the build sheet on my 74 under the back seat.

It is not to bad at all. Just some brackets hold it in. Just have to push pull it the right way to get it off of the brackets. The back and bottom are separate. Do a search here and you will find some threads with pics of the brackets that will help you know what to do. I would post a link for you but don't know how with this Kindle I am using.

And after you remove the bumperettes, you'll need some chrome carriage bolts to cover the holes and soon you'll need to repair the bumper from all the morons hitting your bumpers with their bumpers :)

Thanks is the back seat a pain to remove?

you do the bottom first. Push it back and then lift up. Its a pain but you'll get it. There is a hook on each side, so do one side, then the other.

next is the backrest, there are a couple of small metal tabs that protrude through two metal loops at the bottom on the sides. You may have to straighten the tabs, then pull the lower part of the seat back forward to get it off the metal tabs, and then lift up. There are a couple metal hooks that you wont be able to see, but the seat back lifts up off of them.

Hope that helps.

yeah what are some good aftermarket leafsprings????

ESPO springs are great and good people to deal with. Check first to see if your springs are 5 or 6 leaf. I'd recommend getting the same as whats on it.

I went with the 6 leaf and they are a little stiff, the 5 leaf should give you more like the original ride quality.

They make springs that are "stock ride height" and springs that are +1 or +2, meaning your car will sit 1 or 2 inches higher than stock.

Here's their website: http://www.springsnthings.com/
I recommend calling them, the gal there is easy to deal with and she knows her stuff.

ESPO springs are great and good people to deal with. Check first to see if your springs are 5 or 6 leaf. I'd recommend getting the same as whats on it.

I went with the 6 leaf and they are a little stiff, the 5 leaf should give you more like the original ride quality.

They make springs that are "stock ride height" and springs that are +1 or +2, meaning your car will sit 1 or 2 inches higher than stock.

Here's their website: http://www.springsnthings.com/
I recommend calling them, the gal there is easy to deal with and she knows her stuff.

is that what your running in your dart.

Did the tune up this weekend, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, plugs, wires,
Got under the car not to rusty but the muffler. i cut that rusty piece off, went to mopars in the park, got some new shocks. gonna put them into next weekend.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 4.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 211
Fuel pump was a quick fix and this is my step dad's cuda and my swinger at back to the 50s this weekend

I agree gtx.if u gotta ask how to get the back seat out,well I'm sure he is using ss springs on it and when he can't figure out why the main eye bolt different-well there's your sign.drink lots of beer if your old enough cause your the one who is going to need to piss on it when it frickin catches fire.back in the day buckskin valaints were about 40 million built to every one black or red one,they were everywhere not surprised u found one left in the deep north-big find whohaaaaa

-
Back