New Doug's Dent?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I got my new set of Doug's today for my smallblock.Is this dimple or dent usally there?Looks damaged to me.Man I hate sending parts back.

Thanks,Jim

Attachments

• Headers 024.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 712
  • Headers 023.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 723
looks like a dent, can't see why they would need a dimple there.

That's a damage dent... :(

If you got them from Summit, they should send you a call tag. Even if you didn't buy them from summit, ask the vendor to issue a call tag for return shipping.

Yup, I agree. Thats definitely a dent. My D453's sure don't have a dent there.

:wack:

I just contacted Summit and they are shipping me a new set of headers out today! Told me to hold on to the damaged ones for UPS.But I do not see where ups was at fault here.No packing material in the box only a little brown paper.And only damage to the box was at one end,not where the header was damaged.

I just contacted Summit and they are shipping me a new set of headers out today! Told me to hold on to the damaged ones for UPS.But I do not see where ups was at fault here.No packing material in the box only a little brown paper.And only damage to the box was at one end,not where the header was damaged.

Ours is not to question why!! Ours is just to do as we're told so they can send us a new set! As for UPS covering that damage,'they'll do it for another big company without question, but boy oh boy if it were just you making the claim, you wouldn't see a nickel! Funny how they'll cover that with absolutely no packaging, but when the little guy follows the letter of the law, most times we're denied!!

Oh well, at least you got a new set coming!! Merry Christmas early huh?? Time to play with your new toys!! Geof

Buying parts little by little Geof and maybe just maybe I can play with my toys next spring.Then plan is to do a 318 or 360 V8 conversion in my Duster.But I have also tossed the idea of painting the Formula S engine compartment and dropping in the LA motor,this may help me get more motivated on the 67 Fish.....

I got mine from Summit and had a small dent in a similar spot. I didn't notice until it was too late.

You can see it in this mock up picture, but I didn't notice till later.

DSC_0457_zps2f64bdff.jpg

Autozone has the 20% off running again, so they get even less expensive!

I got mine from autozone in jan with the 20% off, they came with the exact same dent. Called dougs ,they were about as helpful as tits on a boar hog, they didn't care about the piss poor packaging. They said just take them back. When I went to autozone the manager couldn't believe the crappy packaging , he wanted to know what he could do. I said give me another 20% off and I would keep them. He wondered what they were going on, so I showed him a picture of my car. He said ,were not going to put dented headers on that and ordered new ones with an additional 25% off, for a total of $350 for the set. go autozone!!!!!

What a shame. Like it would have killed them to wrap some bubble wrap....

I'm not up on my headers. How do these differ from TTI's? They don't look like they hang low. Are they basically the same design?

They came from Autozone with the ceramic finish?

Yes they are the same Dougs D453 with ceramic coating you buy at summit , only with 20% off they are only $476 with free shipping . I personally think they are on par with tti' s for less money. They fit above the steering link and its easy to install mini starter.

Has anyone installed TTI exhaust behind these? I wonder how close the system comes to bolting up? The only thing I could do without is the logo on the one tube. Otherwise I really like the look.

Z bar will need some mods.

No problem with a Milodon pan.

-
Back