New engine machinist near San Diego?

-

73 408 Duster

Reaction score
It has been awhile since my last engine build-up and apparently the guy I used to use is no longer in business. So I am looking for a new Mopar savvy engine machinist in or near North San Diego County to have some work done on a 440 block for an upcoming stroker build. Please let me know if you are aware of anyone that is good to work with!

Thanks,
Brandon

Thanks for the reply. I called around and found out that Wholesale Automotive Machine in Mission Valley and Machine Tech. in Oceanside are the only shops that have or have access to 440 torque plates for boring of my 512. Have not dealt with either of these shops yet so cannot speak on their behalf. If anyone has please let me know.

Thanks,
Brandon

Machine wreck as I call them , I would stay away...total Chevy lovers and lil Monty suffers from lil man syndrome, bill is stuck in 1974 and still drives the same clapped out pontiac thats been burning oil since it was new. U can rent torque plates if u want, to be honest...u might gain 5 hp from the use of torque plates. FWIW I try to use them when available...but not having them doesnt stop my world.
Which ever shop u use...I wish u the best of luck.

I ended up using Mesa Machine and was happy with the service and work.

Brandon

Bill is a good guy, been doing it for over 45 yrs..
His shop is the only shop in n county to have a crank grinder as well, everyone else from Mojave/indio to Mexico sends their stuff to either riverside, Santee, or to mesa in Escondido.

I don't trust anyone but Ed Hales in El Cajon/Santee area. In fact my block is over at Greg Scotts wating for me to pick it up.
Paul

-
Back