new England drag way national meet

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, Me and my dad will be going racing at new england dragway in the morning for the national meet.My dad will be racing a 1970 cuda in the super gas class and we will have a 2003 ram dually with a 48 foot goosneck living quarter trailer. feel free to stop by and say hi quick. WISH US LUCK!! :D

Attachments

• duster7812 006.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 208
Yes by all means GOOD LUCK to you and your DAD. Have a great time for us that can't be there.Very cool to see some Mopars in super gas...:happy1:

NED has come a long way... Wish i could get there to watch. It's been a couple years since i was up there but it was the track where I raced my very first time.

I just came back from NE Dragway and what an improvement from what it was when I first started driving. The event was great. Nice to be able to see the big dogs race right in front of you without having to drive to far.

I just got back and for our first national we did very good. We went eight rounds to the final three cars . I ran two 9.90s one being a perfect 9.900 and the other being a 9.905. we were able to take out the world champ last year and that was awesome .(ray sawyer) . In the semis the car just moved around and we ran a 92 with the opponent running a 91

I went yesterday for the qualifying,...Needed my fix,...It was a full day,....I sure as hell hope they figure out traffic and planning, cause yesterday's traffic and parking absolutely sucked, and they need more seating,....E town was easier...

Really?? WOW! e town has gottin used to it! epping is its first NHRA national event , give them a brake ,dude . " I thought it was great for there first time!!

I just got back and for our first national we did very good. We went eight rounds to the final three cars . I ran two 9.90s one being a perfect 9.900 and the other being a 9.905. we were able to take out the world champ last year and that was awesome .(ray sawyer) . In the semis the car just moved around and we ran a 92 with the opponent running a 91

Fantastic!!! Great job guys.......

Glad you had fun. Personally I wouldn't give that track a dime of my money. I'm a Lebanon man all the way!!!

Thats' awesome. I'm glad it was a good event. it would be nice to see something good happenning race-wise up in the Northeast. E town might be nice to get in and out of, but the 4hrs of driving before the local traffic means i don;t go much. I'm sure Epping will get it figured out - as I said - the firs time I raced there ('88 I think?) there was one set of stands that was at the starting line and they were wood. Trees covered the entire "far side" of the track which helped block the winds on the big end. The pits were dirt and ran only the length of the track on the tower side... Very nice people but it was not a great entertainment experience. It was a place to race.

Thats' awesome. I'm glad it was a good event. it would be nice to see something good happenning race-wise up in the Northeast. E town might be nice to get in and out of, but the 4hrs of driving before the local traffic means i don;t go much. I'm sure Epping will get it figured out - as I said - the firs time I raced there ('88 I think?) there was one set of stands that was at the starting line and they were wood. Trees covered the entire "far side" of the track which helped block the winds on the big end. The pits were dirt and ran only the length of the track on the tower side... Very nice people but it was not a great entertainment experience. It was a place to race.

Exactly it's a place to race! People forget that without NEDW there would be nowhere to race at besides the streets. I applaud the effort and the good time I had.

As for traffic, I have no idea what the OP was talking about. I ended getting there kinda late yesterday and had to park in the rear most parking lot. It only took me 20 minutes to get out onto Route 101. I think they did a great job getting people out of there quickly. Has anyone been to Loudon for a NASCAR race? It takes a good 2 hours to get to the nearest highway not to mention the hour getting in the parking lots.

It's the first year for this event and i'm sure there will be major improvements and renovations to the track for next years race. They have put into place a 5 year improvement plan that includes: More seating, better RV/Camping area, A permanent big screen, local infrastructure improvements, and a small hall of fame/museum. Considering the way the track was years ago, its come a long way and going to be even better in the future.

Really?? WOW! e town has gottin used to it! epping is its first NHRA national event , give them a brake ,dude . " I thought it was great for there first time!!

Yes, Really,...It was good, but not great for a spectator,...Don't get me wrong about the racing, That was awesome,...Especially since I go to see the little guys like yerself and yer crew,...It was 5 hrs in (the trip was 2 1/2 hrs) 4 1/2 hours at the track and 4 1/2 hours to get out and home. On my worst trip to Jersey It was 3 hrs down, 8 hours at the track and 4 hrs home, (but I've traveled thru and around NYC for years).

I just feel that If your going to host a National event, ya better be ALOT better prepared, A 2 hour waiting time within a mile of the track on a qualifying Saturday is unacceptable. Not to mention a 40 minute wait (each way)and not enough shuttle busses for a 10 dollar parking spot a mile away, I was even kinda ok with the 50 dollar entry fee till I couldn't get a seat. I'm just sayin they should have called the nice folks at E-Town for a few pointers about moving large crowds of cars and people and accomodating said crowds. Once one gets a little older, those little things are kinda important.

We're still planning on going next year, but we're thinkin of taking up the 28 footer next year and camping at the Star Speedway just to avoid all the traffic and waiting and maybe have a cold one which was not allowed at the track..

I have no idea what the OP was talking about

I am the org. poster and I didnt say anything about the trafic being bad. It was great for the first time.

jaimus is the one who commented about the trafffic being bad

Did they actually run out of seats? Or they ran out of seats close to the line?
I couls see them running out of seating at NED especially given it's the first one. The northeast has been starving for such a show for decades.
I've been to the NHRA at E town - I took a bus trip so you're dropped right at the pits and picked up there and you can sleep on the bus. I wouldn't drive on my own. I have a coworker that lines in southern MA - he has some physical limitations (but no legal handicapped status) and rented an RV that he was in for the whole meet but I don't know where he parked it.

and maybe have a cold one which was not allowed at the track..

You can blame that on Brentwood town officials. It has been a town ordinance for years now. There was a bad accident involving drivers from NEDW that was street racing after an event many moons ago. After that the town made an ordinance stating that no open alcoholic containers are allowed at any public event. We all have to suffer because of idiots from the past.

I am the org. poster and I didnt say anything about the trafic being bad. It was great for the first time.

jaimus is the one who commented about the trafffic being bad

yes you are right. Sorry about that. I ended up merging posts together.

Did they actually run out of seats? Or they ran out of seats close to the line?
I couls see them running out of seating at NED especially given it's the first one. The northeast has been starving for such a show for decades.
I've been to the NHRA at E town - I took a bus trip so you're dropped right at the pits and picked up there and you can sleep on the bus. I wouldn't drive on my own. I have a coworker that lines in southern MA - he has some physical limitations (but no legal handicapped status) and rented an RV that he was in for the whole meet but I don't know where he parked it.

all I can say is that is was packed there and they will need more seeting eventually. Yes,they bus you to the gate fom the parking lot"

-
Back