New fastest Mopar?

-
Im not saying fiat is killing the dodge brand, if the challenger had aspects to both make it unique and resemble the infamous demon distinctions then id be more than happy with it, putting a demon badge on a wide body challenger just doesn't make much sense to me.

I really could care less about what fiats research and development team thinks. The key is making it iconic to the original, not making it sound like this is the first time a chrysler vehicle wore the demon badge

Fiat is killing the brand?? Seriously?? When was the last time that Dodge had the fastest SUV, highest horsepower muscle car EVER and highest horsepower sedan EVER?? Yea, NEVER!! Dodge is at the very top of pretty well all the performance wars and fiat is "killing the brand". That's the biggest croc of crap I've ever heard

I meant they are killing the demon brand, they make it sound like that it is its own thing without realizing the significance of the name. I bet you the people over at fiat never have even seen a real demon in person.

Last thing i want is some young punk a55 kid in a challenger "demon" looking at my demon and saying what the hell is that?, thats not a demon.

I meant they are killing the demon brand, they make it sound like that it is its own thing without realizing the significance of the name. I bet you the people over at fiat never have even seen a real demon in person.

Last thing i want is some young punk a55 kid in a challenger "demon" looking at my demon and saying what the hell is that?, thats not a demon.
Point taken. But the fact is, most young people these days have never known that there use to be a charger or Challenger much less a dart or demon

Forget it.

The brand dies, the interest in the brand dies, the aftermarket parts dry up. If you can't see that then you're an idiot. It's happened historically with just about everything that hasn't been produced in ten years. Don't believe it? All you have to do is take a look for yourself.

If you can't see what's good for the hobby, you're an even bigger idiot.

Oh, but that's right, the only thing you care about the hobby is your own car. Hell, you're not even a fan of A-bodies, just your A-body, let alone anything else Chrysler has ever built. Just about every thread your idea is to compare everything to your own car and call everything else junk.

Right you don't know ****..as for being an idiot go look in the mirror!!

Ignorant much?

Your car is on every dealer's lot in the country?

That's not saving the brand.

Let me guess, you're one of the guys who think that the Dart name should be on something retro just to appeal to you, right? Or that's "it's not a real Dart" because the only real Dart is the A-body, while ignoring the fact that the Dart name pre-dates the A-body and has been on various platforms since, including the M-body and K-car.

I'm sure Chrysler marketing has you on speed dial to consult you on every business decision.

Pretty arrogant aren't you?

And if they do, then so be it.

No he is a TRUE classic car guy..anything mopar/fiat is putting out sucks!! you like it good for you if we don't then we don't!!

Fiat killed the brand. people like me and my dad restoring them are reviving the brand.

Still not a real demon no matter how many badges on it say so

I still dont think this was the appropriate time to try and bring back the demon name

Whats next? Another year or two it will be the challenger srt8 superbird?

Or challenger srt8 dust devil

Your ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!..some here just can't take those "rose colored" glasses off..

Right you don't know ****..as for being an idiot go look in the mirror!!

Keep it up, stroked off. The more you type the more you show your ignorance.

Tell me, wise ***, where can I go to buy cheap speed parts for Studebaker or Nash or Packard or any host of dead brands...

What's that? You can't? Why is that? Because the brand isn't in front of the American people anymore generating interest in the older stuff? Well, you'd be right.

Oh, but since you're arguing this, even when real world evidence exists showing the opposite of your thinking, it shows your reality is warped.

You can stop embarrassing yourself now. Idiot.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT NASH OR STUDEBAKER OR PACKARD..so there wise ***..Give me just about ANY a-body '68-'72 and a '68 road runner you can keep the rest..dillweed.

Point taken. But the fact is, most young people these days have never known that there use to be a charger or Challenger much less a dart or demon
True, i just wish they would at least try to somewhat resemble a demon, it is very easy and cheap to do compared to how much money they have already spent and best thing would be the shot from behind with those un mistakable slot tail lights

Mopar/fiat has basterdized every good model name they ever had..thats cause' their styling department sucks!!!

Guy's like stroked340 are the reason the younger generation's don't know about a-body's and other mopar's,who the hell want's to talk to a grumpy jerk!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT NASH OR STUDEBAKER OR PACKARD..so there wise ***..Give me just about ANY a-body '68-'72 and a '68 road runner you can keep the rest..dillweed.

That's because you have no concept of the hobby.

The brand dies, the interest in what came before dies, the demand for parts die with it.

If you think that wouldn't happen if current Chrysler bit the dust you're fooling yourself.

If Chrysler died today give it ten years and there would be no cheap aftermarket parts. They'd become a niche part that would be selling for three or four times what they sell for now available only through a few niche vendors.

I don't care that you don't care about Stude or Packard. It shows that you don't have the wherewithal to see the big picture.

Most of the guys on here ***** about price now. If the brand dies because all they can do is ***** then they'll really understand what it is to pay through the nose for parts.

And guys like you are part of it, because or your short-sightedness.

Buy what you like. I don't care if you own a ******* Geo. No skin off my nose. But it's about time some folks got the **** over themselves about what other people buy or prefer based on what "you" think.

You're not doing yourself or the hobby any favors.

It's no wonder the rest of the hobby thinks Mopar guys are stuck up and ignorant.

A new Camaro comes out and the Chevy guys throw a f***ing party. The new Challenger hits the streets and the Mopar guys ***** about it.

The new Boss 5.0L hits the streets and the Ford guys are instantly onboard. The 5.7L hits the streets and the Mopar guys ***** about it.

I've come to the conclusion that the people who ***** about it are ignorant of the history of brand and in one fell swoop can't see the forest for the trees.

A new Challenger Demon hits the streets, promising to be the baddest *** car to ever come out of the Big Three and you guys ***** about it. Think about that for a moment
The name "Demon" is about to be associated with the most badass car to roll out of the Big Three and all you guys can do is *****.

You motherf***ers wouldn't be satisfied if you were hung with a brand new rope.

So, get the f*** over yourselves. You ain't getting a retro Dart, you ain't getting a retro Demon and not everyone lives in the past.

The brand dies, the interest in what came before dies, the demand for parts die with it.

If you think that wouldn't happen if current Chrysler bit the dust you're fooling yourself.

If Chrysler died today give it ten years and there would be no cheap aftermarket parts. They'd become a niche part that would be selling for three or four times what they sell for now available only through a few niche vendors.

I don't care that you don't care about Stude or Packard. It shows that you don't have the wherewithal to see the big picture.

Most of the guys on here ***** about price now. If the brand dies because all they can do is ***** then they'll really understand what it is to pay through the nose for parts.

Buy what you like. I don't care if you own a ******* Geo. No skin off my nose. But it's about time some folks got the **** over themselves about what other people buy or prefer based on what "you" think.

It's no wonder the rest of the hobby thinks Mopar guys are stuck up and ignorant.

A new Camaro comes out and the Chevy guys throw a f***ing party. The new Challenger hits the streets and the Mopar guys ***** about it.

The new Boss 5.0L hits the streets and the Ford guys are instantly onboard. The 5.7L hits the streets and the Mopar guys ***** about it.

I've come to the conclusion that the people who ***** about it are ignorant of the history of brand and in one fell swoop can't see the forest for the trees.

A new Challenger Demon hits the streets, promising to be the baddest *** car to ever come out of the Big Three and you guys ***** about it. Think about that for a moment
The name "Demon" is about to be associated with the most badass car to roll out of the Big Three and all you guys can do is *****.

So, get the f*** over yourselves. You ain't getting a retro Dart, you ain't getting a retro Demon and not everyone lives in the past.
Tell us how you really feel :lol:

I do agree with you 100% tho

But the past lives within us all.

I am all for the wide body, all wheel drive and crazy hp. The only thing I disagree with is the name choice and thats it. I take my hat off to the hellcat... why? Cause it was a big deal and hadn't been done. the name hellcat is original, sounds like it could of been a chrysler muscle car back in the 60's-70's

I think the main reason they used the name Demon was because the car is gonna crazier than the Hellcat, therefore they needed a name that was also more wicked sounding. But I agree, the Demon vertical tail lights would be awesome!!

Something remotely similar to this would've been badass

IMG_1089.JPG

And why is that? Mainly because MOST kids are attn. deficit spoiled brats that get all their answers from SIRI, and have no interest in cars beyond what is cool NOW. When
My friends & I were teens, We were into cars, We knew what cars our parents cruised in & hopped up, We stopped & asked an "older" guy about his car at a gas station, and
listened to what he had to say about it's idiosyncrasies, it was his dads/uncles/lost older brothers car. We knew about a lot of cars that were never going to be "reborn" and
were only "cool" because they were old, but it interested us just the same. Thankfully as evidenced by some of the newer members here & elsewhere, that hasn't been lost
on all youth, but it is a much smaller percentage of todays "new gearhead" population.

And why is that? Mainly because MOST kids are attn. deficit spoiled brats that get all their answers from SIRI, and have no interest in cars beyond what is cool NOW. When
My friends & I were teens, We were into cars, We knew what cars our parents cruised in & hopped up, We stopped & asked an "older" guy about his car at a gas station, and
listened to what he had to say about it's idiosyncrasies, it was his dads/uncles/lost older brothers car. We knew about a lot of cars that were never going to be "reborn" and
were only "cool" because they were old, but it interested us just the same. Thankfully as evidenced by some of the newer members here & elsewhere, that hasn't been lost
on all youth, but it is a much smaller percentage of todays "new gearhead" population.
Oh it's not lost on all youth. My first car at 16 was a 1975 Scamp with a slant 6. Sadly I didn't know a whole lot about it back then and didn't spend near as much time on here as I do now or else I could've had that car on the road pretty easily. At 19, and getting ready to get married, I sold the Scamp but wanted to get another a-body after I was married a few months. At 20 I bought my 72 Duster that I finally got street legal and drivable this past fall. And now at 23 years old I have owned 26 vehicles. Granted, only 8 of those have been daily drivers, most of the others were bought to part out to fund my Duster. I have owned 6 A-bodies and currently own 4, 67 and 72 valiants and 72 and 75 Duster's

I've been saying the same thing for ages man. The hellcat is a car that can run 11's, then get the milk on the way home. Start everyday whether its plus 20 or minus 20. Run A/C in standstill traffic until your nuts freeze off. And guys still ***** about it. The demon? Even MORE so. It's a car that's going to have what? 800? 900 Horsepower? And what do guys ***** about? THE ******* NAME. How many parts came from somewhere else (hint, all cars have parts made elsewhere, get used to it, it's called global economy). Ever hear the ford guys ***** about the newest GT350 or 500's? Or the shelbys? NO. Because they know they are lucky to be able to enjoy the resurgence of the muscle car. No more 100 horse brown 4 door boxes to take you to and from work everyday. There is more style, power, luxury, reliability and down right awesomeness available in cars in the last 10 years, then the 30 years before that! We should be happy cars like the Challenger Demon even exist.

But the past lives within us all.

I am all for the wide body, all wheel drive and crazy hp. The only thing I disagree with is the name choice and thats it. I take my hat off to the hellcat... why? Cause it was a big deal and hadn't been done. the name hellcat is original, sounds like it could of been a chrysler muscle car back in the 60's-70's

You have to realize how petty that is right? A built street/track car from the company that almost never supports racing. And your panties are in a twist over a name?

The demon was an upgrade badge for the Dart. Now it's an upgrade badge for the Challenger.

As for @stroked340, I MIGHT listen to his advice and opinion when his 340 ACTUALLY RUNS. Guy sure talks a lot of **** about how fast his car is when its currently Fred Flintsone powered.

I've been saying the same thing for ages man. The hellcat is a car that can run 11's, then get the milk on the way home. Start everyday whether its plus 20 or minus 20. Run A/C in standstill traffic until your nuts freeze off. And guys still ***** about it. The demon? Even MORE so. It's a car that's going to have what? 800? 900 Horsepower? And what do guys ***** about? THE ******* NAME. How many parts came from somewhere else (hint, all cars have parts made elsewhere, get used to it, it's called global economy). Ever hear the ford guys ***** about the newest GT350 or 500's? Or the shelbys? NO. Because they know they are lucky to be able to enjoy the resurgence of the muscle car. No more 100 horse brown 4 door boxes to take you to and from work everyday. There is more style, power, luxury, reliability and down right awesomeness available in cars in the last 10 years, then the 30 years before that! We should be happy cars like the Challenger Demon even exist.

You have to realize how petty that is right? A built street/track car from the company that almost never supports racing. And your panties are in a twist over a name?

The demon was an upgrade badge for the Dart. Now it's an upgrade badge for the Challenger.

As for @stroked340, I MIGHT listen to his advice and opinion when his 340 ACTUALLY RUNS. Guy sure talks a lot of **** about how fast his car is when its currently Fred Flintsone powered.
------------------------------THIS THREAD AMAZES ME !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS KNOW HE`D HAVE ONE IN A HEARTBEAT IF HE COULD AFFORD IT ! I would too !)

not worth a response..

20150920_164441.jpg

20150920_165020.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back