new ford commercial

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
this one had me scratching my head, because if i were to spend the $50K on a brand new vehicle...what would i look for?

a big engine?
fuel mileage?
enough seating for my family?
perhaps a design that makes the heart thump a little faster, or stands out from the crowd?
maybe i want a warranty that will outlast the car?

i dont know, this is just what comes to my mind when thinking of spending that much money...lets see what ford thinks im looking for

so the whole selling point is "when it needs to worked on, we come and get it"
my question is, why cant i drive it to the shop?
what in the world is wrong with this piece a junk?

and most of all, who in the add division decided "this is the image we want our vehicles to have?"

can you imagine the conversation?

chevy guy "i can go 5000 miles between oil changes"
dodge guy "im at 80K and still on my stock brake pads"
ford guy "mine is broken again, but its cool, they came and got it. why? i dont know, i dont know whats wrong with it, but this scary bright light came on on the dash and i had to have my wife call the shop to get it because i dont have reception in my safe space"

for comparison, this is what they did 50 years ago

During the 90's:

Fords were Ford tough
Chevy's were like a rock
Dodges were Ram tough.

Car companies are all pandering to liberal women and 0.2% of society. They don't give a damn what you normal people think anymore.

I seem to remember some high end cars, Rolls or Mercedes eg, offered the pick-up maintenance as part of the sale, Ford must think they graduated to the hi-class . .
Saturn ?

If I bought a new vehicle, I would hope I didn’t have to rely on free pickup for service for a few years, at least.

You mean the men who think they are women. Cause women who think they are men are the mechanics picking up the Ford.
So are you saying all female mechanics are a bunch of dykes or you saying only the ones who work for ford??

I seem to remember some high end cars, Rolls or Mercedes eg, offered the pick-up maintenance as part of the sale, Ford must think they graduated to the hi-class . .
Saturn ?
I have a 2019 Mercedes S560 coupe that my dad thinks is the only good car I should drive and the Mercedes dealer wanted over $500. For an oil change.

FOR AN OIL CHANGE !!! I just did it myself, the hardest part was figuring out how to reset the oil change required thing on the dash.

Dealerships are such an overpriced clown show.

Only if you have short hair above the ears and close clipped sides.
I think your ok lol.
Nah I'm just a regular conservative girl who identifies as a mechanic. Ever since I rebuilt my last engine, I have wrenching tendencies and a mopar A body fetish. LOL

this one had me scratching my head, because if i were to spend the $50K on a brand new vehicle...what would i look for?

a big engine?
fuel mileage?
enough seating for my family?
perhaps a design that makes the heart thump a little faster, or stands out from the crowd?
maybe i want a warranty that will outlast the car?

i dont know, this is just what comes to my mind when thinking of spending that much money...lets see what ford thinks im looking for

so the whole selling point is "when it needs to worked on, we come and get it"
my question is, why cant i drive it to the shop?
what in the world is wrong with this piece a junk?

and most of all, who in the add division decided "this is the image we want our vehicles to have?"

can you imagine the conversation?

chevy guy "i can go 5000 miles between oil changes"
dodge guy "im at 80K and still on my stock brake pads"
ford guy "mine is broken again, but its cool, they came and got it. why? i dont know, i dont know whats wrong with it, but this scary bright light came on on the dash and i had to have my wife call the shop to get it because i dont have reception in my safe space"

for comparison, this is what they did 50 years ago

BMW has had that service for YEARS. The BMW dealer here in will come get your car for service anywhere in the state of Georgia. I fail to see a political connection here and it should not have even been brought up in this forum.

I will say that second commercial is badass. You don't see that kinda thing anymore and that's the type thing that sells vehicles.

I have a 2019 Mercedes S560 coupe that my dad thinks is the only good car I should drive and the Mercedes dealer wanted over $500. For an oil change.

FOR AN OIL CHANGE !!! I just did it myself, the hardest part was figuring out how to reset the oil change required thing on the dash.

Dealerships are such an overpriced clown show.
So, what did the oil change end up costing you to do yourself?

So, what did the oil change end up costing you to do yourself?
It was still a bit more than a normal car, if I recall about 100 bucks because it takes like 9 quarts or something ridiculous and the filters are all up in price these days.

It was still a bit more than a normal car, if I recall about 100 bucks because it takes like 9 quarts or something ridiculous and the filters are all up in price these days.
Plus it requires synthetic, I'm sure still though you saved a ton.

Yeah, it's not just for repair but also regular maintenance.
Luxury brands have has similar service for years.
It's a good way to get people who pay $7 for coffee to just "suck up and pay" the dealer costs because it happens to be convenient.
I'm sure part of it is trying to ensure the right parts and fluids get used since so few people can put them where they belong these days.
I'm also sure in some places this kind of thing is probably a super big deal, but I prefer to live outside of the dystopian nightmare of big cities.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not just for repair but also regular maintenance.
Luxury brands have has similar service for years.
It's a good way to get people who pay $7 for coffee to just "suck up and pay" the dealer costs because it happens to be convenient.
I'm sure part of it is trying to ensure the right parts and fluids get used since so few people can put them where they belong these days.
I'm sure in some places this kind of thing is probably a super big deal, but I prefer to live outside of the dystopian nightmare of big cities.
Me and you both!

Yes, please! Send a total stranger to abscond with my pride and joy. How long before we hear about something like this?

"I'm here to pick up your Raptor for its oil change!"
"Cool! Thanks! Here's the key."

Yes, please! Send a total stranger to abscond with my pride and joy. How long before we hear about something like this?

"I'm here to pick up your Raptor for its oil change!"
"Cool! Thanks! Here's the key."

You don't remember this video?

Appearantly, the mechanic didn't know the car recorded his test drive

BMW has had that service for YEARS. The BMW dealer here in will come get your car for service anywhere in the state of Georgia. I fail to see a political connection here and it should not have even been brought up in this forum.

I will say that second commercial is badass. You don't see that kinda thing anymore and that's the type thing that sells vehicles.
I was not trying to be political (at least not this time)
I simply wanted to point out how crazy it is to see the difference between how they market a car now, and how they did then

I was not trying to be political (at least not this time)
I simply wanted to point out how crazy it is to see the difference between how they market a car now, and how they did then
I wasn't accusing you.

Meh, my old superdookie had a 6.0 diesel in it...that puppy took 15 quarts to fill up

During the 90's:

Fords were Ford tough
Chevy's were like a rock
Dodges were Ram tough.
Maybe I've slipped a few teeth off my timing gear, but I seem to remember Dodge trucks were built Ram tough back in the '80s.... now, I cain't recall the commercials from the '70s, even the 63 /6 Dart i had, Every Dodge I ownt from back then and thar? Throughout, nothing but the best!

This and those like them are some of my favorites.

-
Back