New from Long Beach, CA

-

66silverfish

Reaction score
My Name is Al.
I have been into MOPARS ever since I can remember. At least 50 years. My Dad was a Mech. and owned his own garage. I have been working on cars since I could work in a gunk tank. Rebuild my first engine at 11.
Fisrt car was a 56 Dodge Conv. with a Fire Dome. 57 Sports Fury, 392 Hemi cross ram, 65 Cornet 500- 392 Hemi; 68 Charger 426 Hemi, 74 Dodge Van360. 69 Dart 340; Now 2002 Ram 360. I now have to restore my Fathers 66 Cuda. Will take out the 318 and put in a 340.
Haven't built a engine in about 12 years, so will be bending your ears on the new stuff.
Looking forward to belonging to this site.
Thanks in advance for your help.
AL

My Name is Al.
I have been into MOPARS ever since I can remember. At least 50 years. My Dad was a Mech. and owned his own garage. I have been working on cars since I could work in a gunk tank. Rebuild my first engine at 11.
Fisrt car was a 56 Dodge Conv. with a Fire Dome. 57 Sports Fury, 392 Hemi cross ram, 65 Cornet 500- 392 Hemi; 68 Charger 426 Hemi, 74 Dodge Van360. 69 Dart 340; Now 2002 Ram 360. I now have to restore my Fathers 66 Cuda. Will take out the 318 and put in a 340.
Haven't built a engine in about 12 years, so will be bending your ears on the new stuff.
Looking forward to belonging to this site.
Thanks in advance for your help.
AL

Are you coming up to Fall Fling in Van Nuys tommorrow morning?

Lots of FABO members will be there. Great place to nework ideas and find much needed parts. There will be 175+ mopar only swappers out there and 20 manufactures midway for all kinds of new and reproduction parts. Check out the FABO threads here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=76333

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=77052

Thank you for the invite. I wish I could, but I have other commitments for tomorrow. I have not heard of this before. Is it on every year around the same time? If so, I will plan for next year. Sounds like a great event.

aotoxcuda;
I looked at the threads, that is one awsome show. Sure wish I was free. I will be there next year. Hope the car will be done by then.
Are theremany 66 Cuda's there. I have not seen any in LA. Only one at Goodguys this year.
Hope you take pics of this years show and post them.

Thank you for the invite. I wish I could, but I have other commitments for tomorrow. I have not heard of this before. Is it on every year around the same time? If so, I will plan for next year. Sounds like a great event.

One day show in October (Fall Fling) and the bigger two day show in late April or early May (Spring Fling)

Next Spring Fling is April 17 and 18, 2010.

aotoxcuda;
I looked at the threads, that is one awsome show. Sure wish I was free. I will be there next year. Hope the car will be done by then.
Are theremany 66 Cuda's there. I have not seen any in LA. Only one at Goodguys this year.
Hope you take pics of this years show and post them.

See this thead, http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=77825 There's a picture of one there. There were a bunch of 64-66 Barracudas there. I'd guess over 6 ?? There was even one 66? Formula S project in the swap area for sale.

4023120406_81fdeed47c.jpg

I think this is a 66 ?

8922_1252561155626_1277458090_742436_7168820_n.jpg

Those are some good pictures. The top one is done just like I'm going to do mine just a different color. Was going to do silver, but looks like I will do a Burgandy color instad.
The one on the trailer looks just like mine. It's in the same condition, except both my driverside tires are flat. Had to go to the garage to make sure mine was still there.
I'm surprised to hear there were that many pre 67 cudas there. They were not that popular to restore.
Thanks again for the pictures.

-
Back