New from Longview, Washington

-

Perfek360

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Dan and i'm from Longview, Washington. I'm new to all this and looking forward to jumping head first into it. I'm lookin to get my first a body hopefully soon and thought I would check this out and learn a few things before I get the car I decide on. I'm not new to modifying cars, I had a 96 civic that I built(I know, I know, its a rice burner ](*,)), installed, and tuned myself with the help of a few friends. Took the lil sohc motor and turned it into a beast. Before the motor blew I was running consitant low 13s in the quarter. It was a fun lil build, but I think its on to bigger and better things :twisted:

All help is apreciated and look forward to meet some of you guys (that are local) in the process of my build.

WELCOME Perfek360! You will get a lot of help here and have fun. Just curious, what made you decide to get into A-bodies? Nothing against the Hondas but you're definately making a step up!:cheers:

WELCOME Perfek360! You will get a lot of help here and have fun. Just curious, what made you decide to get into A-bodies? Nothing against the Hondas but you're definately making a step up!:cheers:

Yeah, my honda was origanily a car for commuting in, but I get these evil thoughts in my head that say "make it go faster." So with help from a couple friends and $1500 later, I was enjoying the look on peoples faces when i'd pop the hood of my honda up and let them look at the super .60 turbo strapped to a sohc motor that either gave them a run for their money or blew their doors off at the track. Before the #3 cylinder went on me, i was putting down 220 whp at 9.5 psi. I lost interest in the civic after about the 3 motor in as many months.

I've always loved muscle cars, use to go to nhra events all the time from grade school to middle school with my dad. I grew up hearing stories about him drag racing at PIR and Woodburn when he was in high school. I've actually always like the chevy II's and camaros, but after seeing my buddies duster and him telling me how they are a lot cheaper to get then other muscle cars got me turned on to them. Besides, I've always wanted to build a muscle car and this looks like a great starting base for another enjoyable money pit! 8)

Wow, I wrote a novel. Anyways, here were some pics of the install on my old civic for anyone who wants to see it. No pics of an a body yet since i'm in the market for one.

installdan62.jpg

installdan45.jpg

installdan15.jpg

installdan27.jpg

installdan56.jpg

installdan59.jpg

installdan51.jpg

And the final product (it was suppose to be a 4 hour install but everything that could go wrong did and turned into a 15 hour install).
Mycar.jpg

Welcome to the Sanitarium from another Washingtonion :D There is almost unlimited knowledge, so any questions you have will eventually get answered. This is indeed a great community. Have fun, and remember, we like pictures :cheers:

j

Thanks and I will deffinatly post pics up once I get my car. If anyone has a car they would be willing to let go for around $1000-$1500 or trade/part trade for my jeep i'd be more then willing to take it off your hands :cool:

Welcome to the cool side Perfec360. You will get many more thumbs up in your mopar. I learned how to wrench on my 78 Honda Civic CVCC. Funn little car, wish I still had it.

Hi there and welcome onboard! I'm in Sweden but very often in Longview and Clatskanie where I have my Mopar friends!

yepp, that'll be fun. It's a nice area where you live! We took a trip on the WA side of Columbia river some time ago. We really enjoyed it.

Have you been at the wrecking yards in your neighbour hood? There are some great ones there! And a bunch of A-bodies too

yepp, that'll be fun. It's a nice area where you live! We took a trip on the WA side of Columbia river some time ago. We really enjoyed it.

Have you been at the wrecking yards in your neighbour hood? There are some great ones there! And a bunch of A-bodies too

no i havn't, but how good of shape are they in coming from a wrecking yard?

First of all you have Jim House on Swedroad in Clatskanie. He has a bunch of abodies. Then you have Bob Shaffenberg, who owns a wrecking yard and owns a truck picking up old wrecks. Then you have Bob Svensen in Svensen out towards Astoria. Another guy is Leo Nikula, an old hot rodder and have some 1069 - 1976 Abodies.

South from where you live you have Wildcat Auto in Sandy, OR. Or you can get in contact with the guy who has a bunch of Abodies in Brothers, OR.

Good luck!

First of all you have Jim House on Swedroad in Clatskanie. He has a bunch of abodies. Then you have Bob Shaffenberg, who owns a wrecking yard and owns a truck picking up old wrecks. Then you have Bob Svensen in Svensen out towards Astoria. Another guy is Leo Nikula, an old hot rodder and have some 1069 - 1976 Abodies.

South from where you live you have Wildcat Auto in Sandy, OR. Or you can get in contact with the guy who has a bunch of Abodies in Brothers, OR.

Good luck!

damn....thats alot. anyways to get a hold of these guys to see if they have anything available?

-
Back