New Fuel Line Hose Recommendation

-

Mcfarlrm

Reaction score
Replacing my fuel pump with a Holley Red Electric. Requires a 3/8in fuel hose. This will be fed by a dead head fuel cell system. Looking for a hose recommendation to will go from the cell to the pump and pump to metal fuel line. Nothing fancy and just need something that will last. I've heard about seepage issues on some lines so want to avoid those at all costs. Want to swing by a local auto parts shop if they have anything to pick up asap to get back on the road.

Holley Vapor Guard. They have a low pressure and a high pressure lines. Use the correct clamps and fittings.

I would use steel or aluminum if it's a race car. Use fuel hose for flex areas only and then probably braided steel.

The Red Electric pump is 97GHP at 7psi going to a mild built LA 360 with roughly 300hp so nothing crazy. I'll give Holley a holler to see what they recommend. In the meantime, is there any way of expanding the opening diameter an SAE 100r6 hose to fit over a brass fitting? Both the fitting and hose are 3/8 inch and it has been nothing but a struggle to get it to fit back on the barbed fitting after I removed it. Need to get the car running so it can be moved to my local guy to check out a potential fuel line issue if need be.

How would hydraulic hose hold up to fuel?
Courtesy of the previous owner. I have no idea how long it has been in place but it has held up. Granted, I've only been in possession of the car for a couple months. Going to replace everything correctly this weekend once the new pump arrives. Also, came across a little trick where you soak the hose line in fuel, which causes it to expand. Going to see how that works in the morning after letting it soak overnight.

For a hookup that doesn't need to pass tech at a dragstrip, just a QUALITY alcohol resistant rubber hose. Any decent parts store should have some.
Otherwise, teflon braided line and A/N fittings. They make a compression connection from braided line to hard line. Probably 5x $$$ compared to rubber.
Stainless braided line is just rubber hose with a wrap. Doesn't last any longer than regulat rubber hose. I think I have replaced about ten separate lines over the years. Right now I have to replace about twelve feet of rubber ss line that leaks like a sprinkler. (Using aluminum hard line).

Last edited:
Replacing my fuel pump with a Holley Red Electric. Requires a 3/8in fuel hose. This will be fed by a dead head fuel cell system. Looking for a hose recommendation to will go from the cell to the pump and pump to metal fuel line. Nothing fancy and just need something that will last. I've heard about seepage issues on some lines so want to avoid those at all costs. Want to swing by a local auto parts shop if they have anything to pick up asap to get back on the road.
I would go to a NAPA store before any of the other box store part places, they tend to have better quality.
You are looking at like what 2' of hose at the most and a few clamps.

Spent five hours yesterday redoing the fuel system just to have the new pump installed backwards. Immediately left and went to the bar. Who ever packaged the pump had it backwards on the bracket. Shame on me for not double checking.

The Red Electric pump is 97GHP at 7psi going to a mild built LA 360 with roughly 300hp so nothing crazy. I'll give Holley a holler to see what they recommend. In the meantime, is there any way of expanding the opening diameter an SAE 100r6 hose to fit over a brass fitting? Both the fitting and hose are 3/8 inch and it has been nothing but a struggle to get it to fit back on the barbed fitting after I removed it. Need to get the car running so it can be moved to my local guy to check out a potential fuel line issue if need be.

cant go wrong with 3/8'' fuel injection hose ...

-
Back