New Garage!

-

bvt69dart

Technically Challenged!
Reaction score
Just signed the contract to have a detached garage built behind my existing 2 car attached. I'm stoked! No more will I have to remove my daughter from the van in the snow. I'll have room to get her & her wheelchair out in the main garage. More details and progress pictures to follow; I'm really STOKED!

Congratulations!

We just had a detached garage finished about a week ago. The attached garage will remain my shop. The new garage is for finished projects:D

Congratulations!! Stocked for you bvt69dart

Great news! I also am wanting a detached garage for my finished cars and tinkering around. I think it will have to wait a year or so, but it doesnt hurt to dream.

It's going to be 24' X 24'. A deep & wide 2 1/2 car shop. It will have a 9' high door so I should be able to put a big & long pick-up in it. Thank's for all the congrats!

Alright Brock!!! Thats just what the Dr. ordered!! I know the spot you're in and couldn't be happier for you!! When we wanted to do the same for Nella, we had to go in front of the township board and "explain" our hardship and why we would need such a structure. I did what any Father in our position would do...I took Nella with me to the meeting to answer any "questions" they might have!! Needless to say, our variance was passed!!

Good luck during your project, and hope you pass all inspections with flying colors and get it done in double quick time!! Geof

Hey Geoff! Our codes allow detached structures, you just need to submit plans and pass inspection. Anyway I think Courtney is looking forward to this as much as I am! I would not hesitate a second to use her for leverage if I needed a variance granted. She and Nella are blessed that way!

Glad to hear Brock, as you know we will need pics as you go.

Congratulations!

We just had a detached garage finished about a week ago. The attached garage will remain my shop. The new garage is for finished projects:D

:worthles:

Pics or BS.

30x40 garage with 16x10 and 12x10 garage doors:

attachment.php

OK, I get the message. The first pic is where the shop is going to be in relation to my existing house. The 2nd is close-up of posts, then existing garage followed by street entrance.

Attachments

• IMGP0853 (640x480).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMGP0854 (640x480).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMGP0855 (640x480).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,223
  • IMGP0856 (640x480).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,205
Plans approved, starting slab and foundation work around July 7th. Thank's for all the good wishes & progress pic's to follow!

Plans approved, starting slab and foundation work around July 7th. Thank's for all the good wishes & progress pic's to follow!

Good deal! Congrats:D

Just had a friend over with a ditch witch today and ran a 250ft trench out to the new garage for electric:eek:

Congrats!

It's hot outside and my poor dog is not aloud in the house but he is aloud in the shop where the A/C is running. lol

This is the first year of having my shop built with the A/C. My dog is a happy camper now.

I've been following your Awesome garage build for some time. That is truly the way to go! I may add heat & A/C later, but until then, I'll dream about it.

Congrats!

It's hot outside and my poor dog is not aloud in the house but he is aloud in the shop where the A/C is running. lol

This is the first year of having my shop built with the A/C. My dog is a happy camper now.

I plan on having the electric service completed with the garage build. I bet you can't wait!

Chomping at the bit:D Electrician is coming in the morning.:blob:

We did it this way because the contractor who built the garage wanted a hell of a lot to dig that trench. My buddy has a good size ditch witch and it made quick work of the dig. I'm sure glad I didn't rent the walk behind unit I rented before. Even with his big blade and diesel engine, the thing really had to work to dig through the caliche.

I've been following your Awesome garage build for some time. That is truly the way to go! I may add heat & A/C later, but until then, I'll dream about it.

If you go with the heat pump unit I installed for later on you might will like to frame the rough opening while it's getting built.

-
Back