New GSS M code 68 Dart on FEEBAY

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Mr. Norms Dart is goofy looking and grossly over priced.

Now jamie furman's Dart, WOW is all I can say, I love that car!!!! Very classy looking and tastefully done.

For the Money I would rather have Jamies Dart.I am sure the new Mr Norms cars run good.I think if I had one I could not complain to much.I could always change the grille and exhaust.I could live with the stripe and interior.I have a 383 GTS and can't imangine how a good running 440 or Hemi would run in a Dart..
Jim

I think if the car was about 90k or less with a hemi and different exhaust and grill in it and a little more attention to detail under the hood and in the interior I think there would be compliments handed out in this thread instead of criticism.

One question Rhino I notice you say you've driven the cars quite a bit but I don't see anything about you dropping your hard earned cash on one why not ?

One question Rhino I notice you say you've driven the cars quite a bit but I don't see anything about you dropping your hard earned cash on one why not ?

I currently own 13 Darts and have had over 300 in the last 30 years. If I owned a Hemi Dart, it would be an original one, but I don't see that happening soon. The man I work for owns the second car built from Blue Moon and then he bought the Gold one whe Hurst was done with it. If I was building these cars I would do a few things differently, and agree with alot of the things said above. However, the cars DO run and drive very well, and I was really suprised how well they get traction with street tires! They are heavy due to the stock style interior, A/C, and sound deadening that would not be in a typical home-built Dart, but they still run in the 10's and are imminently streetable. THe second issue I have is anyone bashing Mr. Norm. He is a personal friend of mine and he and his wife are genuine people. He was happy living off what he had accomplished in the past, but others brought him back into the high-performance scene, and he is having a blast! Bash the cars all you want, but unless you have a gripe with the man personally, don't blame him for what is happening nowadays. Besides, I get to drive the Mr. Norms Hemi Darts, why should I buy one?

:wack:
I don't see what it matters that he didn't buy one.
All he is saying is they are good cars, and they are. Do they please everyone? NO.
Do they drive great? I'm quite certain they do.
Do they run great? I'm sure they do.
Are they pricey? Absolutely
Tacky parts/touches here and there? Yup.

I simply can't afford one, heck I can't afford a home brew clone. I don't perticularly care for the new Mr. Norm Darts but that doesn't mean I wouldn't drive one every change I had either.

I drive my dads supercharged 360, supercharged HEMI, & hot rod cars all the time. They are a blast to drive and ridiculously powerful. Nothing I own is close to as powerful, but it's pretty obvious that I don't spend my money on one of those either.

Those cars look like crap. Stupid looking stripe, interior, wheels ect. WAY to much money for some rebuilt slant six car. Just my opinion of course, and opinions may vary........

First Rhino I'm not bashing Norm he did a lot for our hobby and deserves our respect for that but this appears to be some what of a blind endorsement of a product he has no real control over and thats a whole different animal than how he made his name .
D - Depetro I see quite a collection beside your name and our friend rhino claims quite a collection while some of us have to sell what we have to own the next car on the list of dream cars to own before we die so the" I can't afford" just isn't good enough if I promote another mans product than I " put my money where my mouth is "as they say if they are great cars worth owning at the price they are selling for than buck up or .... I spent a fortune restoring a very rusty barracuda because I could not bear to see her crushed and I have dreamed of owning one for 40 years - since grandma's mod-top , now my kids are grown and gone and so is they're blood sucking mom maybe I'll get to keep this one and buy the next , a 66 charger-hemi of course but I will have the next car one way or another -I always have because I put my money sweat and time where my mouth is and thats what my comment to rhino has to " do with anything "

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back