New guy from AZ

-

jerm81

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm Jesus (hey-zeus) and a new guy here from Tempe, AZ (Phoenix area for those who are unfamiliar). I've been visiting the site off and on and finally decided to join in on the fun.

I'm currently working on a '63 Plymouth Valiant. I used to own a '64 Valiant a couple of years ago until it was totaled (sad day for me). My plans are to make it so that it handles well around the corners and has enough power to keep up with, and get away from, traffic. In other words, I want to improve its overall performance. I plan on building a decent 318 which I'll need help with, a 727 (I would prefer a 4 speed overdrive but that's what I have to work with right now) and a limited slip differential. I haven't decided on a gear ratio or housing yet, any suggestions? At the moment I have a 7 1/4 that's been welded up so it's a full-time posi :D I already upgraded the front end to the bigger ball joint and disc brakes with the bigger bolt pattern. The rear end I have also has the same bolt pattern. I'm also using tubular upper and lower control arms, bigger torsion bars (1" diameter, overkill?), heavy duty tie rods and heavy duty strut rods. Manual steering, manual brakes and most likely no A/C.

Well, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to all the knowledge I'll gain from you guys.

--Jesus

Welcome!Check out Strokerscamps 318 build(low buck),I like the 4spd o.d.(727 needs clearancing on the hump,gears depend on the cam. Love the big tbars,find shocks to match,hit up Autoxcuda.Good luck.

Hey guys,

I'm Jesus (hey-zeus) and a new guy here from Tempe, AZ (Phoenix area for those who are unfamiliar). I've been visiting the site off and on and finally decided to join in on the fun.

I'm currently working on a '63 Plymouth Valiant. I used to own a '64 Valiant a couple of years ago until it was totaled (sad day for me). My plans are to make it so that it handles well around the corners and has enough power to keep up with, and get away from, traffic. In other words, I want to improve its overall performance. I plan on building a decent 318 which I'll need help with, a 727 (I would prefer a 4 speed overdrive but that's what I have to work with right now) and a limited slip differential. I haven't decided on a gear ratio or housing yet, any suggestions? At the moment I have a 7 1/4 that's been welded up so it's a full-time posi :D I already upgraded the front end to the bigger ball joint and disc brakes with the bigger bolt pattern. The rear end I have also has the same bolt pattern. I'm also using tubular upper and lower control arms, bigger torsion bars (1" diameter, overkill?), heavy duty tie rods and heavy duty strut rods. Manual steering, manual brakes and most likely no A/C.

Well, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to all the knowledge I'll gain from you guys.

--Jesus

Welcome to the forum.......grab a cold one from the cooler and come on in!!!!!

Welcome!Check out Strokerscamps 318 build(low buck),I like the 4spd o.d.(727 needs clearancing on the hump,gears depend on the cam. Love the big tbars,find shocks to match,hit up Autoxcuda.Good luck.

Thanks, I'll definitely check out Strokerscamps 318 build, low buck is right up my alley! Yeah, the more I think about it the more I want a 4 speed o.d. I'll also check out Autoxcuda, thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the all the welcomes! Here are a couple of pics of my Valiant before I started tearing into it.

Attachments

• 63Valiant_front.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 63Valiant_back.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 63Valiant_engine.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 138
Hey Zeus... lol. I love it.

Welcome From Mesa I have some leftover parts for erly valiants if you need any. PM me

Hey Zeus... lol. I love it.

Welcome From Mesa I have some leftover parts for erly valiants if you need any. PM me

Thanks! I'll be pm'ing you once I get further along with my project as I'm sure I'll need something.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• WOW Driver Side Rear 3 QTR Dark.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 92
-
Back