New guy from DFW

-

mathemagician

Reaction score
Hey there, just wanted to say hi. recently acquired a '70 Duster, with a slant6 and automatic. gonna be the wife's car, but need to get it running before she can drive it. thanks for having me here

Hi Mike, Welcome!! Enjoy the site, the best people around hang out here! Looking forward to seeing pics when you get a chance to post them!

Howdy, from a fellow Texian. Glad you found us. Post some pics and dive right in.

I am down IH-35 from you just a little ways - near Temple. My older son lives in Dallas, up 75 North. My younger son is attending Texas A&M and is currently driving a slant six '74 Dart Sport.

Come back often,
Jerry

Welcome mathemagician.
WE have some of the best of the best tec's and great folks too.
Jump on inn and enjoy.

Lets get that leaning tower of power going :cheers:

Hey the Mathemagician! Welcome to the site! I see you are actually in North Richland HIlls - I am in Keller. Are you in the Cowtown Mopars? If not, we've got a Toy Drive on Dec 6th and a Christmas Party & meeting on the 14th at Billy Bob's. Bring your wife & kids (if applicable).

What kind of work does your wife's Duster need? Give me a shout if you ever need a hand with it...

http://www.cowtownmopars.com/

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

The Duster does need a little work. There was no front seats, carpet, or vent glass, a smashed up driver's fender, and rust in the rear quarter panels and trunk. I've got seats now, but before I can install them, I need to have some of the other holes welded up. I've also got it where the car finally turns over, but since the gas tank isn't hooked back up yet, it doesn't run (yet). Of course, I've tried other things, just to see, and it almost started last night.

Cool, '74 Sport. I can't wait to get this thing going to see what it'll do.

Thanks, challengergary. I may take you up on that offer. Right now though, it needs some holes welded up, and some patch panels. We are going to wait on the patch panels though, as other things take precedence.

Anyhow, here are some pics.

pic 049.jpg

pic 054.jpg

pic 056.jpg

pic 058.jpg

pic 065.jpg

pic 066.jpg

pic 067.jpg

pic 068.jpg

Welcome, I'm in Abilene (3 hrs west) good to see more texas guys on here. If you need any slant stuff let me know I've got a garage full of stuff.

Welcome Mike, Yes I remember doing a 70 duster as well!:cheers: Looks like a fun project. Hope you enjoy!

2114900_1_full.jpg

2052882_1.jpg

2052882_37.jpg

I recognize that car - it was the one on CraigsList a couple of weeks ago. Glad to see someone local picked it up.

Yep, that's the one. overall, it is solid. of course, it has been sitting for a long time.

Thanks, 72 slopar. Glad to be here. If I need anything, I'll let you know.

Yep, that's the one. overall, it is solid. of course, it has been sitting for a long time.

Thanks, 72 slopar. Glad to be here. If I need anything, I'll let you know.

I had actually posted that ad on this board in case someone was interested in it. I was not in the market for another project otherwise I would have jumped on it 8)

-
Back