New Guy from LI NY

-

luckymopar416

Reaction score
Hello everyone Just found this forum the other day Dont know why I hav'nt seen it long ago . Been into A-bodies for a long time now current cars are my 68 fastback Barracuda owned since 89' and 64 Valiant Signet 200 owned for about a year now . Had a few other A bodies in-between 72 swinger , 69 barracuda fstbk. , 68 barracuda coupe. Well just thought I'd check in and say Hello Heres some pics of my rides
display2031.jpg

display2028.jpg

display2034.jpg

vailant011.jpg

vailant016.jpg

Welcome to the greatest site for us A body guy's and gall's
You sure have some goodie's there.
I like that valiant this was mine last year,I sure do mis it!!
Hope you injoy this site as mutch as I do
That 68 sure look's good

63 dash pic resized.jpg

63 rear view resize.jpg

63g resized.jpg

Welcome aboard. That's a beautiful fish you have there. Viper Red paint? That 64 is also in very nice condition. You've found the right place for A body knowledge and a great bunch of gals and guys.

Mike, are those teardrops I see on the photos of your old Valiant? :goodman:

Yep Sid it is :sad: :sad1: :banghead:

Welcome to the madness.... and NICE B`cuda! Where are you on Long Island? I'm in Bayside, Queens and own what will be a nice `68 Fastback myself, which is long story if your a new guy....

Hello and welcome from the center of the Island.

John...zip is Oceanside. Was there last week or so ago.

Was out at captree a couple of times last summer the wife and I were at Bellmore half of the summer on fridays and the other half down at massapequa , Bad thing about massa it once it gets dark the lights are not bright enough to view the cars , Yes live in Oceanside south shore Long Island . Any of you LI guys part of the mopAR POWER CLUB?

luckymopar416 said:
Was out at captree a couple of times last summer the wife and I were at Bellmore half of the summer on fridays and the other half down at massapequa , Bad thing about massa it once it gets dark the lights are not bright enough to view the cars , Yes live in Oceanside south shore Long Island . Any of you LI guys part of the mopAR POWER CLUB?

I've been a member of the Mopar Power Club for the past 7 yrs. The last 2 years I've kinda advoided all the get togethers, club or otherwise, because I was tired of hearing " You finish your car yet?" If your a member and have attended the meetings then you know Chris and his beautiful blue `68 fastback and possibly Mark with his immaculate green `68 `Vert, both friends of mine. I also own the DNA of a `68 fastback too, which is currently residing in bodyshop #2 awaiting body & paint, the rest of it is scattered all over a 2 car garage in Queens Village. I'm hoping to be rolling by next fall.

Welcome aboard. I used to work for Able Infiniti back in the 90's when they had their service facility down on Mott & Hargale off of Oceanside Blvd.

Captree is insane, alot of cars, i know its early Rumble, but ya should thy to check it out sometime. Belmore and Massapequa get crowded too. As far as Mopar power club, ive been checking them out and was thinking of joining once i get a car, (hung with a club with my stang) i like to hang with a group of people that are into their cars, and the club lookg really cool!

I agree with Craig, Captree is awesome! It's a very mature crowd that usually dissolves by 10:30-11:00am. You'll see GT-40's, Ferrari's, Muscle Cars, Bikes, Customs, EVERYTHING. The only element missing is all the ricky-racers with their buzz-bombs. I guess you can't see neon-lighted tailpipes and undercarriage lights in the morning so they stay home....

WORD OF WARNING: Driving Robert Moses Causeway or the Loop Pkwy. along the beach is like Grizzly's catching Salmon in a stream for the cops. Watch your speed!

By 10:30 or 11:00 I'm just getting dressed. (Work nights) I'm all off and wack on when I'm sleeping and working. I have been to captree a few times. But DAMN that was early for me.

I was part of the Mopar club USA that was headed up by "Wheres the MONEY Pete." He had a golden thing but was not telling the truth about a great many things. A bad taste was left. I know a bunch, or should know a few peoples of the Power club.
I've been loan wolf'in it.

I used to do Bellmore like church. I've met up with A body member JohnnyJet and a few of his buds at Massapeaqua one night. Will do so again when it gets warmer. (No kids this time he he he he.)

-
Back