New Guy from London, UK

-

Autoholic

Reaction score
Hi

I've owned my Dart for 2 years now and have modified it during that period. I've been doing some research recently and found this site so thought I'd join up and say hi from across the pond!

I have a website for the car which has loads of photos and info

www.nothingtoprove.co.uk

Cheers

Steve

Steve you have got an outstanding perfect car!! :thumbup:
And I injoyed your web site,
Hope to here more from you and welcome to what I think is the best site on the web.
What is the story on the littel man under your hood by your over flow.

merkel1.jpg

Hi Steve and welcome onboard. Nice to have more europeans here. I live in Sweden and is working no 1965 Darts. Currently working on a 1965 Dart Charger.

Good looking car - seems to attract a lot of female attention!!

That is so cool that you can get that car shipped over there, It must draw a lot of attention over there. I guess the only bad part is getting parts. I remebr my uncle had his 68 Ford Failrlane shipped to Poland. I always remembered him writing us letters asking for parts, like points, water pumps, gaskets, etc...

Hi Steve, i'm from Uk too, this site is very helpful, knowledgable and friendly too.
Meantime, guys,there is a thriving UK muscle car scene with a 3 day Mopar Nationals event which has hundreds of cars and dragracing all wekend.
Also, parts (aside from rare trim and panels) are quite easily available, comparatively anyway!

Thanks for your welcome. Parts are amazingly easy to find in the UK, we won't mention the £ to the $..!! And I have had parts shipped in when I can't get them locally. If you check out my garage the shot of all the cars together is from last years Mopar Muscle Assoc UK meet at Brooklands (The brithplace of motor racing) The shot was taken on the remains of the banking from the 1920's when they did 100mph! What a great day.

Oh and the ladies are models, you just have to grab em when you can right??

I will be in CA, NV, UT, SD, CO, TX, & NM later this year, any good events on in late May - June??

The "little man" is a kids novelty drinks cup in the shape of The Rock. It's used as the washer water tank as his head comes off to re-fill. I nicknamed the car the Bionic Redneck after I blew the engine and had it rebuilt, better - stronger - faster!! But having the Stone Cold cup would have just been silly!!!!! :happy8:

One of the best events in Southern California is the Spring Fling at Woodley Park put on by Chrysler Performance West:

http://www.cpwclub.com/

If you're going to be in Southern California, send me a PM.

GT340 said:
One of the best events in Southern California is the Spring Fling at Woodley Park put on by Chrysler Performance West:

http://www.cpwclub.com/

If you're going to be in Southern California, send me a PM.

No problem, I will. We will be arriving in LA from New Zealand, taking a loop up to SD and back round to So Cal via TX etc then it's on to Toronto then home. Oh and we are starting off in Hong Kong, Thailand and Australia!! What a trip!

Welcome Steve. There's a lot of good info here.

I just arrived in the UK yesterday from Texas and will be working in the Milton Keynes area for the next 3-4 months so if you are Timdart know of any Mopar or other muscle car events taking place let me know. Thanks Andy

Andy, its a little early in the year, but once Spring comes things warm up a lot. Milton Keynes is only a short distance from the UKs most used drag strip at Santa Pod near Northampton. A few of the guys go to test and tune days there and there are specific hot rod/American drag meetings too.
For info on the the uK mopar scene, go to the Mopar Muscle association site
http://www.moparuk.com/forums/index.php
You can access the events forum and the main forum too to see whats going on.
cheers Tim

Great car, cool site, awesome pics,welcome.Good to see that Mopars are running strong across the pond in the UK! :thumbup:

Moparandy, the MMA are THE guys in the UK for all things Mopar. If you can venture a little further afield then there is an awesome show held near Aldershot by The Surrey Street Rodders. It's held on the 6th of April, Good Friday, and is acknowledged as the season opener by the majority of Rodders, Yank owners and Customisers. For more see http://www.freewebs.com/wheelsday/
From there on look out for Classic American magazine in your local newsagent (WH Smith) they have an excellent Events listing section.
Hope you have a great time in the UK away from the snow in TX!!!

Hello mate. Girlfriend was born in aldershot. Great place Just saying hey. Farhnam/Surry area now but living in the states with me now going back in june.

-
Back