New guy from PA

-

JeepGuy

Reaction score
New to classic mopars , just picked up a 67 dart, had some previous work started , I plan to finish it. Looking to learn as much as I can. car currently has ssbc front disc conversion, fiberglass hood, some kind of aftermarket rear spings and spring boxes, sub frame connectors, drive shaft loop. currenty a 225 but I have a 440 for it.

Welcome from NJ!

DD3E23BD-369E-4DED-9431-A0AA8F895578.jpeg

Has a few things done to it buy a previous owner, front ssbc disc brakes, subframe connectors, spring boxes and some kind of aftermarket springs.
20180125_195828_zpslfj0lka1.jpg

Thanks for the pics, i would drive it looking as is for awhile as you build the big block.............

that's the plan, get the 440 together (although that alone is looking tough not really knowing what I looking for) and get the bugs worked out then do body stuff next winter

that's the plan, get the 440 together (although that alone is looking tough not really knowing what I looking for) and get the bugs worked out then do body stuff next winter

You asking what you need to do to stuff the 440 under the hood?

Hello from Minnesota, and a 67 Dart owner. Looks like a nice starting point.

I have never done an engine on a budget, but plenty of guys on here have. Hell I see tons of wonderful spray bombs pop up all over. I machine and balance everything, all new parts for what needs replaced.

On the other hand, tear it down, replace gaskets and seals. Pick up a new HV oil pump, new fuel pump, etc. check cylinders for ridge. If it has one, just save yourself the hassle and have it machined and get some new pistons. I find pistons on Amazon sometime for way less than retail. Craigslist marketplace I can sometimes find either a good used piston, one used in an assembly then pulled, or brand new where the builder changed direction. Pick up a used Edl performer RPM intake, blast it, clean surfaces, paint. Send the heads off to check springs and valves. I always upgrade, but for a couple hundred, let the machine shop clean, inspect, and get ready for you. Check bearings for wear. If you have copper showing machine it then new bearings.

I am sure others may have better advice...

Welcome to FABO from another SW PA Guy, & cool '67 !! Ask away & keep Us updated in the various forums here. Here's a Friend of Mine'
0422171325-00.jpg
s while I was doing His align last yr.

-
Back