New guy from South Carolina

-

coolhandluke

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new guy getting back into mopars after being away from them for too long. I've had a '73 Scamp that ended up with a 440 before I sold it, an all original '72 Charger I bought off ebay, and my baby, the one that makes me sad for selling every time I think about it, a '69 Valiant I got as a basket case. I put a 400 in it, tremec 5 speed, Fast XFI fuel injection, and I sold it to pay bills about five years ago. If I ever see it for sale (or if any of you know the car, I believe it went to Boone, NC), I'll sell everything I have to get it back.

Anyways, I just bought a 1972 Dart with 318, 2 barrel, auto. It's in pretty good shape, with a little of the typical rust in the lower quarters. I'll be trying to change out the heads soon ( thought about the 302 heads), a small cam, and an intake and four barrel.

I hope to be around here for awhile and I'll get some pics up soon!
Thanks!
Luke

Sweet scamp! Mine was yellow with a 318, automatic with a shift kit. It had a huge thermoquad on it, and it would get close to 20 miles per gallon on the highway

Welcome Luke. I'm just over the mountain, up in Asheville. Depending on your age, you may or may not remember the TV show that came on channel 4 in the mornings called "Montys Rascals" There was an old guy on the show called Mr. Dohickey that always pronounced Walhalla, "Walholler" just to pick with the little kids on the show. That was just the first thing that popped into my mind when I read where you were from....lol.

I'm only 30, I don't think I remember that show. I had a question I posted in the small block tech section, but got no responses. I want to upgrade my heads, cam, and I bought a performer intake and a four barrel off here, and I was wondering if the performer would work with 318 heads. I also have a set of 360j heads, but from what i've read I'd have to shave them a bunch not to lose compression. I'd really like a set of 302 casting heads, and a cam in the .440-460 lift range

Hey Luke, I am in Boone every Wednesday. I used to be a member of the High Country Mopar Club. Let me know a little more about it and I'll keep my ears open.
Welcome to FABO!

hey 440-vs, it was a '69 Valiant, when I sold it it had a fairly tired 400 in it. The body was perfect, I had painted it gunmetal grey metallic and silver metallic. The difference in color was at the body line by the door handles. It had a keisler 3550 transmission, the guy before me had cut out the transmission tunnel above the tranny and made a dzus removable tunnel out of fiberglass. I put a dash from a '69 Dart in it, and an insert from Rocky Mountain Dashes with autometer ultralite gauges. The whole car was rewired with a Painless 18 circuit harness. The fuel injection was my baby, the intake was a edelbrock Victor 383 with FAST XFI injection. Rich Nedbal out at Mopar Engines West did the intake for me and set me up with all the fuel injection stuff. Rear end was a Ford 9" with 4:10 gears and full spool (I know, I know, but it was free, and still got close to 20 mpg even with the spool and gears)
Anything else you need to know?
Luke

Welcome to FABO Coolhandluke!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Backing Out of Garage 3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 108
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back