New guy from Wisconsin

-

retiredguy72

Reaction score
Hey folks, finally joined . I joined because this looks like a great resource for what I need. See, I just started looking for a Demon to rebuild with my Son, actually a certain car, but that's another story. I bought a new Demon in 1972, Hemi Orange, black interior, auto in the floor, black stripes and black hood scoop, I am sure you know the look I am describing . Drove that for 6 years, and marriage and kids came along and the Demon had to go.

Fast forward to today, I want another Demon before I die, I'm 60 now. So my Son and I decided to see what we can find, and take it from there. I always been a Mopar/Dodge guy.
I have been putting together some info about 72 Demons, but still have A LOT to learn. One thing I have to find out is, are the " K " members different on Darts and Demons? I have found a couple Darts being passed off as Demons, and there seems to be some differences in " k " members, or maybe I am wrong .

Anyway, thanks for letting me join, look forward to picking everyones brain.

Welcome to the best Mopar A body forum on the net. My '72 Demon 340 has been a work in progress for 30 years! I've acquired so much info. on them that I can't find what I am looking for a good half the time :banghead:

Demons were only produced in 1971 and 1972 and could be as lowly as a bare bones slant six three speed on the column or a 318 with torqueflite and lots of goodies or a performance oriented 340 4 speed with performance options. A Demon is a 2 door fastback coupe, basically a Plymouth Duster chassis with a Dart front clip. So any '71 or '72 Dart fastback coupe is a Demon. The Dart 2 door hardtops with no center post is a Swinger and of course the 4 door Darts were sedans. As far as K frames go the only difference in all body styles in those years was slant six or V8 usage (the motor mount ears).

Starting in 1973 the Dart Demon was renamed Dart Sport (in deference to religious organizations outrage). The whole Mopar A body line was retired at the end of the 1976 production (except in some foreign countries).

Good luck with you father son project. Be sure to look at all the categories on "For A Bodies Only" especially the classifieds to get you started.

If the Dart has taillights as below IT IS A DEMON.

:burnout:

Attachments

• Demon.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 134
Welcomd to FABO from Chicago.

Demons and Darts have the same K-frames.

340 k-frames have a washer welded to them, and the 318's do not (even though both 318 & 340 engines will fit the mounts.

Good luck with your search, teach your son all that you can about them. It's good times spent. I am teaching my sons how to work on them also.

welcome to the site. let me know if i can help you find parts for your build. hope to meet you and your family at the adirondack national carshow in lake george ny in sept.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 104
-
Back