new guy help

-

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Howdy....
Im new to Abodies but not mopars (had a 68 charger and now have a 72 challenger 340 4 speed car I am putting together)....
My exwife bought my 12 year old son a 69 Dart 4 door for his first car...of course she thinks I have time to put it together but I have 4 years right:banghead:.....anyway I had a few questions....

It needs quarters....I cant find if the two door and the 4 door are the same? I am thinking about just patching them (it is a 4 door so I dont want to spend too much money on the car because I know it will not be worth much when it is finished.....or he will wreck it!)

Also as far as rocker panels...which it needs also...I was looking for a set but cant find them either....

I am also looking for a nice passenger side fender...I lucked out and found NICE drivers side fender cheap.....

The car actually starts on the first crank and drives good...its just rusty!! I dont have a pic of it yet...but here is my 72 challenger and my 68 charger....

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• mpdlawdogchally2.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 171
  • gina3 (1).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 182
Welcome to FABO!
Nice cars you have there.
I would just hand fabricate what you need from scratch and just patch the car up.
As you said, having a car like this in a 16 year old's hands there will be a few scrapes and dings coming it's way.
Make it reliable and shiny and he will like it.
That is of course if he isn't into ricers or trucks by then, you never know.......

I wish I could....Im not a "body man"....his car is my frankenstein experiment...more of a learning experiment I guess....for us both!
He is a total old school car kid....it cracks me up...I figured Id better enbrace it before he decides my dads mini coopers are cool!

Lot of people parts 4 doors so put up a want add for quarters or sections of quarters to patch your car.

Welcome to FABO!! There was just a set of 69 Dart fenders listed here a couple days ago! The qtrs may have to be patched in unless someone is parting a 4 door, although you can probably use at least some of a 2 door qtr for patches!! Good luck with the projects, Geof

man you need to make a trip to Alabama. I have a 69 4 door body with great sheet metal without drivetrain or running gear. I will load it on our trailer for $200 just to help a project get going. I used the hood and some of the instrument panel on my "decoy". I could get more for scrap but don't want to do that or part it out.

-
Back