New guy here

-

95teetee

Reaction score
hey all- just joined up, might as well make an intro.
The name's Marty,I live in Drumheller, Ab (about an hour and a half from Calgary) and have a '73 Scamp- here are a few pics I took a month or so ago
DSC_0021rb.jpg

DSC_0046b.jpg

DSC_0047b.jpg

Unfortunately the right torsion bar pulled out of the rusty crossmember a week or so after I took those pics (looking into doing a coil conversion, that's what led me here).
The car sat for over 4 years (bought a '95 Stealth twin turbo-hence my user name) and I just put it back on the road this fall...
Looking forward to checking out some cars now:)

Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear about your torsion bar, hope you get it on the road soon. Thanks for the pics, you have a nice looking car!

Welcome to FABO fellow Cannuck!:cheers: Sweet looking ride ,nice backdrop for your pics too. You will enjoy looking at some of the cars here,there are some amazing cars.8)

Welcome Marty, we're not to far apart, nice view of the Red Deer river is that your drinking spot :-D, nice car and to bad about the torsion bar. How bad is the rot, any chance of repairing the mount/crossmember.

Terry

Welcome to FABO Marty:cheers:
I took the clan camping to Drumheller last summer.....had a blast. I've got a buddy that is from my home town living there too.

Welcome to FABO! Nice Scamp. Sorry to here about the T bars. Put up an ad in the parts wanted section for a cross member if you want to keep the T bars. Some one here will have one. Good luck.

Welcome. Nice looking car.

If you think about repairing the crossmember, I have one I just cut out of a car you could section to replace the rotted areas.

thanks for the welcomes, everyone- nice to see a bunch from the Great White North here:)

a replacement crossmember isn't a problem as my brother has a bunch of parts cars in various states of disassembly. From the way he described it (the car is at his shop right now- he's going to be the repairman:D) there's a fair bit of work to do to get the crossmember out and back in...

-
Back