New Guy in SoCal

-

Yuri

Probably not drivable....
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It took some time to find this board, I was wondering if there even was an A-body specific community out there.

So, I'm 26, and the head of Design at MHT Wheels (Foose, Dub, Niche, Jesse James, etc.), and have wanted a Mopar to daily for quite a while.

My dream finally came true this past April, when I picked up my '74 Gold Duster.

I just finished swapping out the knocking originial 318 for a factory 318 4bbl that I've built up.
I've also swapped a Dart front clip onto it.

Here's a pic of the Duster before starting the engine and front end swap, and a quick and sloppy photoshop of how I want it to end up. :)
PICT4840.jpg

dustdeviljpg.jpg

Interesting trivia. When I was at CCS getting my car design degree, my junior year instructor was Milt Antonick, the guy who was in charge of the Duster design program

PICT4840.jpg

PICT4840.jpg

dustdeviljpg.jpg

dustdeviljpg.jpg

Welcome aboard. That's a nice looking car you're starting with, and should look really good when you get it finished. And as 340butterduster said, you'll probably get a LOT of questions regarding wheels here. :)

In that case, since I know this is going to be the first question everyone asks; YES, we are going to start building the Foose Nitrous in a 5x4 (small mopar) bolt pattern. ;)

Looks a lot like Long Beach/Signal Hill area.... Close to the Traffic Circle maybe?

Used to live close by there.

Welcome.

In that, case, since I know this is going to be the first question everyone asks, YES, we are going to start building the Foose Nitrous in a 5x4 (small mopar) bolt pattern. ;)

Whoooooohoooooooo. that freaking rocks. I love those wheels. Sign me up to the waiting list. I live in SoCAL too. You guys can test them out on my car for proper fit and backspacing anytime. We early a-bodies guys need love too.

Welcome aboard. The dart front clip will look cool.

Welcome Yuri.
Thanks for the info and I speak for us all
when I say(Glad you found this great site):cheers:
Your duster look's good and I like the old spoon Dish wheels
you have on it know. They look to be in good shape!!

This old fellow like's the heritage look and your has it going on.:thumblef:
Hope you hang around and enjoy this great site.

Just memike

merkel1.jpg

dustdeviljpg.jpg

Did you widen those rear and front rims in this picture? They look wider and better than in the first pic. They remind me of some of the full bodied circle track modifieds that ran them in the 70's.

MP discountinued those ABS plastic front spoiler they made for that car a while back. But MAS might make it in fiberglass. I'd like to adapt one on my 68 Cuda. I should've bought one when they were available, I'm afraid of the fiberglass cracking since it's low.

[/QUOTE]Interesting trivia. When I was at CCS getting my car design degree, my junior year instructor was Milt Antonick, the guy who was in charge of the Duster design program[/QUOTE]

Milt Antonick did designs on the 67-69 Barracuda's too. Where is CCS?

Do you guys ever do car club tours of MHT?

We just did a tour of the www.stevenjuliano.com collection on Sunday and it was awesome. Always looking for stuff to check out.

dustdeviljpg.jpg

dustdeviljpg.jpg

Did you widen those rear and front rims in this picture? They look wider and better than in the first pic. They remind me of some of the full bodied circle track modifieds that ran them in the 70's.

I just photoshopped my rears on both ends.

Milt Antonick did designs on the 67-69 Barracuda's too. Where is CCS?

Downtown Detroit. Milt Antonick is one of the coolest nicest guys ever. He and Bill Robinson were my favorite instructors. Ralph Gillies not as much.:toothy10:

Do you guys ever do car club tours of MHT?
I really don't know. It's never been a common request.

-
Back