New Guy in Utah - '72 Dart Swinger 318/390

-
Reaction score
Hey guys, happy to be numbered among you fine folks! Used to have a '74 Valiant that I sold, always wanted another and ended up finding a '72 Dart Swinger 318 last summer. Stripping it down for paint while the engine at the machine shop. Can't wait to have it back on the road. Looking forward to learning all I can from everyone here.

IMG_20220808_212107.jpg

PXL_20220715_214600950.jpg

IMG_20230407_083237_01.jpg

Hey guys, happy to be numbered among you fine folks! Used to have a '74 Valiant that I sold, always wanted another and ended up finding a '72 Dart Swinger 318 last summer. Stripping it down for paint while the engine at the machine shop. Can't wait to have it back on the road. Looking forward to learning all I can from everyone here.

View attachment 1716091392

View attachment 1716091393

View attachment 1716091394
Welcome! Nice project, and nice "username" !!! In the first picture I thought... Wow! Getting started early! :D Anyways, great to have ya!

Welcome from WI. This is a great group. Lots of very smart, willing to help people.

:welcome: from :canada:
Another green Dart! Love it, only thing that can make it better is if it were a 1970, but that's ok. Enjoy it, and don't worry about asking questions, lots of good knowledgeable people here.

:welcome: from :canada:
Another green Dart! Love it, only thing that can make it better is if it were a 1970, but that's ok. Enjoy it, and don't worry about asking questions, lots of good knowledgeable people h
Yes I wish it was a '70 as well, but those are pretty hard to find in my neck of the woods! When you say "another green dart", does that mean there's a lot of them out there? :)

Yes I wish it was a '70 as well, but those are pretty hard to find in my neck of the woods! When you say "another green dart", does that mean there's a lot of them out there? :)
Depends who you ask I guess, my ex wife swore that every Dart ever built was green! Lol
The f8 green is my favorite color on a 70 to 72 Dart, but I might be a little biased.
I will have to find a picture of the 70 that I had and post it.

Welcome to the madness!
Good to see another one from Utah!

I think the 72 was the best year for Swingers. Yep, I bet you 75% of them were some shade of green.

Look, I don’t mean to be a jerk, but how do your feet meet the pedals being so young? Are you sure Dad is going to let you drive the car? He’s lookin kind of buff there little fella! I would ‘t wanna mess with him. Yea! He’s smiling now….. until you swipe the keys for a joy ride and such.

My advice, let Dad handle stuff until you can drive really well.

Welcome aboard!

:thumbsup:

When you say "another green dart", does that mean there's a lot of them out there?

There can't be too many green Darts. Here's mine, which is in stealth mode because the OP painted it with house primer using a brush I think. However it's green underneath and will be so again in the future.

DSCN0088.JPG

-
Back