New guy question - '67 Barracuda fan shroud?

-

BB73Challenger

Reaction score
I feel like this is a stupid question, here we go anyway...

I have a '67 Barracuda and I've been wanting to increase airflow to the radiator and obviously a big part of that is a shroud.

My car doesn't have one.
Did '67 come with fan shrouds?
I see re-pops for 68-69 but nothing for 67.
Car is pretty stock and I had been wanting to keep it that way,
but If I had to fit / fab something I will.

Thanks for the input

My 1967 Barracuda doesn't have one on its 273 (non-AC). But it could have been removed by a PO. I haven't seen any 67 yet that had one.

Before you go down that road, try to reduce the space between the radiator and the front edge of the fan blade down to 1/2". Then if needed, change over to a 7 blade fan with a thermostatic clutch.

I know that some 383-S Barracudas had shrouds, because I pulled the rad out of one in Seattle in 1979, and my helper "helped" me by busting out the shroud before I could tell him to save it.

49-state 273 Commandos and 225 slants w/o air did not have shrouds, as I have original cars to look at. My guess would be that only cars with AC or maybe trailer-towing packages would have had shrouds, if any. But I can't recall ever seeing one on a 67, either.

Yes I have a non AC 273, so that makes sense that I can't find them if they didn't come with them.
I like the thought of cross reference or the bigger fan with the thermo clutch idea.

Thanks everyone

Hi
67-68-69 Had shrouds if equipped with HD cooling for A/c or tow package and HP engines.
The 67-68-69 used the same style shroud although the part# changes up for the years.(as far as I know, I have several on my cars 67+69). As said above in another post, get the fan blades about 1/2 to 3/4 close to the rad to draw as much air through the rad instead of from around it, use appropriate spacers. As well the original shroud only fits the original round top rads with the holes to allow mounting. The repo these but $150 or so, used ones are difficult to find.

I should mention... The 6 cyl A/C cars had shrouds also, they do fit the rad, but will not work with a V8 application because of the V8 being centered and the slant 6 being..slanted :).... Been there tried that, shrouds looks very near the same till you try and install them...

I should mention... The 6 cyl A/C cars had shrouds also, they do fit the rad, but will not work with a V8 application because of the V8 being centered and the slant 6 being..slanted :).... Been there tried that, shrouds looks very near the same till you try and install them...

Actually the left/right offset is exactly opposite. The XXX037 slant 6 shroud can be used with a V8 if it is installed upside down.

-
Back