New guy trying to get the "best of" exhaust posts

-

pgkeating

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm sold on the Mandrel bent & the Dynomax Ultra Flo, just need to find the right combo of pipes. I am going to install the Doug's headers and already have the stainless tips in 2.5", for the rear ('68 Dart GTS).

Neither the Summit or Jegs (muffler-less) set ups offer an "H" pipe (that I can see), so do I need to use the Pypes "X" system if I want the cross-flow or L/R banks balanced?

TTI just seems too high priced...but maybe I should bite that bullet(?)

It also looks like they'll all need to be cut, if I want the stock tips on there...

Please share your thoughts and experiences.....

I swear, if I have to punch my Make/Model in one more searchy....

Thanks,

Pete

I've been very happy with the Pypes X-pipe system on my '73 Swinger. The fit was as good as any other system-in-a-box I've ever dealt with (better than most) and it sounds great. Tremendous bang for the buck, in my opinion.

I got the hedman X-pipe set up.

I mocked it up and cut it all to fit, and I'm using thrush mufflers that are supposed to be comparable to flowmaster 40's.

I still need to get it all welded up.

I'm getting the Pypes system for my Duster since it's the only one that comes with an X-pipe (and isn't $600) but I'm pretty sure Summit sells an X-pipe separately that you could weld into the Summit or Jegs systems.

I found an installer that will let me purchase the Pyes set up (w/ "X" pipe) and he'll do all the labor. He said just putting the headers in, would be ~$400.00 alone, then the rest of the system.

Thoughts?

I have the 3" pypes X-Pipe system on my duster and it was good priced, good products and easy to put together. It replaced the 2.5" Pypes X-Pipe system i had on their first. I like the kits and will continue to use them

Headers are not easy to put in and sometimes, there an outright .... words escape the feelings!

I just pulled the trigger on the Pypes Street Pro system with mufflers. I used the coupon code 2RETYV @ Summit and it was $377.00 shipped. Pretty psyched to receive it and get it installed.

There was a sound byte from a guy that sounded awesome. My 340 does have a cam (not sure what specs), so it should great.

Thanks again,

Pete

just a sugestion if you are having a custom mandrel bent system fabricated have them make the x pipe at the crossover by cutting obround holes welding around putting both pipes together ....you can conrol the oopenings and the flow by hole size and also save yourself the x pipe cost.

Headers are not easy to put in and sometimes, there an outright .... words escape the feelings!

I know the words for those feelings. They're a HUGE pain in the ***!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my TTI odessy....
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=65442

Use the search button for TTI, or headers, threads. There's a whole bunch of them.

If there's a next time, I'm going with the Dougs and the Pypes X system. I've heard good things about both. As for the over-priced, ill-fitting TTI's.....
:angry7:

-
Back