New Guy with a Duster

-

Drake

Banned
Reaction score
First off, this is site is both informative and organized: I like it. :)

My name is Drake Dawkins. I'm from Starke, Florida, and I just purchased a Gold 1974 Plymouth Duster. The car originally had a 225 Slant 6. The previous owner swapped it for a 5.2L 318 and 3 speed TorqueFlite automatic tranny.

My plans are to fix the small stuff (add a hood scoop of some sort), leave the 318 in it (for now), and repaint it yellow with black accents (hood, stripe, etc).

I'll post pictures when I pick it up Friday. ;)

-- Drake

Let me welcome you to this great site first :cheers:
We have the best of the best tec's and folk to be found any where
Jump on in and enjoy and share when the Duster make's it home =P~
Y5 yellow maybe :happy10:

Welcome aboard. Gotta agree with you on the site. It's one of the most well organized out there.

Not another one! I swear that they are still making dusters in Mexico and sneaking them across the border at night. Where are you guys getting all of these dusters? Just kidding. Welcome. We need pictures.

Welcome to fabo.....post up pictures of your ride. FABO rocks and any questions you have will not go unanswered! we are all very good about checking the boards and doing what we can to help. Welcome to the community!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes. :)

I am eager to pick her up, so those pics will be posted the second she comes home. :p

Also, Y5 is what I was planning. I do have one question though:

I have been researching scoops, and I cannot find the name of the one I am looking for. I believe it is the dual snorkel (the two rectanguar scoops that are side by side and sit in the center of the hood). I know they never came on Dusters, but I like the look. 8)

Drake, let me add another welcome to the long list already going. It's great to have you aboard! Can't wait to see that Duster.

I just realized that I forgot to add the question. :angry7:

What is the name of that scoop, and better yet, who makes them besides YearOne?

Thanks for the additional welcomes. :p

Not another one! I swear that they are still making dusters in Mexico and sneaking them across the border at night. Where are you guys getting all of these dusters? Just kidding. Welcome. We need pictures.

Mexico!! :toothy10: TOO funny! Yes, they must be coming out of the woodwork or something! I looked forever and couldn't find anything, then I found two '72 models within a couple of months... And going to get yet another '72 I found here soon. (complete with rusty tail panel) 8)

Anyhoot, this is about Drake and his new toy... welcome aboard!

-
Back