New Guy with an old Demon

-

TimE

Reaction score
Well, I was just looking around and ran across this sight. Thought it would be nice to be a member for a future resto on my Demon.

My name is Tim and I have a 72 Demon 340. It was originally TB3 Blue with white side stripes, white tail pane and black hood stripe with a twin snorkel scoop. It was painted purple with black stripes back in '89.

It was a 340/3 spd, bucket seat, no console car. Right now it has a 340 with a 280 purple cam, 727 reverse manual valve body w/3000 stall and an 8 3/4 with 4.10 suregrip.

I have owned this car twice. Once back in the very early nineties and then bought it back in early 2000. Won't sell it again.

When I bought the car the 1st time, it had a 340 with an unknown cam, 4 spd and a 2.76 open diff. It would "scream" on the Interstate. When I bought it back the 4 spd had been replaced with the 727. I have another 833 to put back into it at some point.

The car hasn't been driven much since I bought it back in 2000. It is in need of some attention. My plans are to try to get it back to where it is safely and easily driveable again(brakes, rebuild carb, etc). I alaso need to start working on the body. The elements haven't been good for the car.

Anyway, I'm glad I found the site and here are a few pics from a couple of years ago.

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

It looks a little worse for wear right now, but you get the idea. 8)

man would i love that car...welcome to the best site around......make sure you spend 4hrs on the mopar babes site...well might be 5 hrs now....

Welcome aboard TimE to a great site with great people! Oh you got a very nice Demon too! Are you planning on repainting it back in the original B3 blue and white stripes?

John

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

chas-I'll have to check that out...:snakeman:

poppa-Roll Tide!

As for the color, I am undecided right now. The whole time I have owned the car it has been referred to as the "purple car". Yeah, yeah, I know, REAL original huh?:mrgreen: I am leaning toward the original color though...

Nice demon, Say your keeping it this time, Paint it the color you want and don't worry about it .

Tim, welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Nice looking Demon. Going to be really nice with fresh paint.

Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the compliments!!!

I do have a confession to make...This is my only Mopar. I am a die hard chevy guy but just totally fell in love with the Demons when I was a teenager.

At one point, when I was about 20, I had considered selling all of my GM stuff and concentrate on Mopar. I just couldn't do it.

BUT, this car is a keeper!! I'll get rid of some chevy stuff before this one goes.

I hope to get some odds and ends done so I can drive it around the yard soon. My big project right now, though, is a 64 Chevy truck. Got to try to stay focused on it, but looking around here really makes me miss the days when my Demon looked like some of y'all's rides...

-
Back