New guy.

-

Swingin74

Reaction score
Just got my first car '74 Dart Swinger slant 6 auto. Thought I'd give this a shot. Think I'll stick around here for a while.
1974Dodge010.jpg

1974Dodge013.jpg

1974Dodge005.jpg

Welcome!!! Great site full of amazing people!

Wow that thing is really clean. But to let you know when you register you cant just stay for a while, the only way out is in a wooden box. :)

Wow that thing is really clean. But to let you know when you register you cant just stay for a while, the only way out is in a wooden box. :)

:toothy10: thanks. And what color is the AMC in your avatar? I like that.

yep this site is PRICE LESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

welcome aboard new guy.

So how did you obtain that old car?

It looks like it's been in Grandpa's garage for over 40 years!

Looks like you found yourself a good, solid project, so I take it if that's you, the young guy in the pic, you will have lotsa questions while you plan on changing every docile aspect of that car and making it into something that will scare the hell out of all your buddies with honda's and mitsubishi's, am I right or wayyyyy off?

Either way, good luck, and feel free to ask for help since nobody here has anything better to do at the moment right?

Hurry, someone grab the high impact color chart and a Summit catalog....ha, ha,....welcome to your new addiction.

Yea more pics and an interior shot. Thing looks like it has been well taken care of. Is it a low miles car?

Welcome to FABO! That is one clean looking car you have. What motor and trans are you running? Do you have any mods planed?

Have fun and happy motoring!

Welcome Swingin74
You have fell on to the A number 1 site for yourself
and that nice 74 A body you have there :thumleft:.
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some
great folks too.:rock:
Jump on in and enjoy this place I call home.

And keep us updated :notworth: even if you are just washing and changing the oil.

That is a Nice 74 Swinger :-D

welcome aboard new guy.

So how did you obtain that old car?

It looks like it's been in Grandpa's garage for over 40 years!

Looks like you found yourself a good, solid project, so I take it if that's you, the young guy in the pic, you will have lotsa questions while you plan on changing every docile aspect of that car and making it into something that will scare the hell out of all your buddies with honda's and mitsubishi's, am I right or wayyyyy off?

Either way, good luck, and feel free to ask for help since nobody here has anything better to do at the moment right?

Hurry, someone grab the high impact color chart and a Summit catalog....ha, ha,....welcome to your new addiction.

:toothy10:I got it off craigslist from a guy in his twenties and his father, they bought it from the proverbial old lady down the street. Yes that is me in the pic the night we bought it, and I have a certain '93 Mustang Cobra making 705 hp on the spray to blow the doors of so....... and once I get my job at the twistee treat :-D I'll get right to it! (oh, and know high-impact colors I'm going for the sleeper look)

Yea more pics and an interior sho
t. Thing looks like it has been well taken care of. Is it a low miles car?
The interior is from a '72 Dart. The body has 58,000 Miles on it but the kid who had it before me ran it WITHOUT ANY OIL AT All and blew the old engine so I don't know the miles on it now. I'll get more pics tomorow.

Welcome to FABO! That is one clean looking car you have. What motor and trans are you running? Do you have any mods planed?

Have fun and happy motoring!

It's a slant six auto and I plan on building a Nitrous'd 318 for it.

Welcome Swingin74
You have fell on to the A number 1 site for yourself
and that nice 74 A body you have there :thumleft:.
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some
great folks too.:rock:
Jump on in and enjoy this place I call home.

And keep us updated :notworth: even if you are just washing and changing the oil.

That is a Nice 74 Swinger :-D

Most definatley8)

Welcome,nice little ride!If your planning on doing any mods,the guys here will point you in the right direction before you go and buy something that won,t fit or work with your planned set-up.Just ask lots and lots of ????????You,ll be suprised at some answers.1000,s o years experience here.ENJOY!!!

I got it off craigslist from a guy in his twenties and his father, they bought it from the proverbial old lady down the street. Yes that is me in the pic the night we bought it, and I have a certain '93 Mustang Cobra making 705 hp on the spray to blow the doors of so....... and once I get my job at the twistee treat I'll get right to it! (oh, and know high-impact colors I'm going for the sleeper look)

7o5 h/p??????

Your parents let you drive that thing?
Man, I wish I had stuff like that at your age.

Heck ,I wanted this little 318 powered dart and my dad said I'd get into too much trouble with it.

He was familiar with Mopar's reputation as all the trouble makers seemed to drive Mopars in my neck of the woods so even a small block v-8 was off limits.

I ended up finding a dark gold 74 4 door Valiant with a warmed over 318 that I got for $100 from my Young Bride's Aunt.

I bolted on a set of Keystone classics, redid the quarter panels and got compliments that it was the coolest 4 door all the time.

Well, I guess you could always sell that Mustang and put that money into your new (real) car...ha, ha.

I got it off craigslist from a guy in his twenties and his father, they bought it from the proverbial old lady down the street. Yes that is me in the pic the night we bought it, and I have a certain '93 Mustang Cobra making 705 hp on the spray to blow the doors of so....... and once I get my job at the twistee treat I'll get right to it! (oh, and know high-impact colors I'm going for the sleeper look)

7o5 h/p??????

Your parents let you drive that thing?
Man, I wish I had stuff like that at your age.

Heck ,I wanted this little 318 powered dart and my dad said I'd get into too much trouble with it.

He was familiar with Mopar's reputation as all the trouble makers seemed to drive Mopars in my neck of the woods so even a small block v-8 was off limits.

I ended up finding a dark gold 74 4 door Valiant with a warmed over 318 that I got for $100 from my Young Bride's Aunt.

I bolted on a set of Keystone classics, redid the quarter panels and got compliments that it was the coolest 4 door all the time.

Well, I guess you could always sell that Mustang and put that money into your new (real) car...ha, ha.

No no no.......... It's actually my freinds mothers car that she gave to my freind. The Dart is my first "real" car. And it sounds like 705 Hp can't even keep it alive ion the parking lot.....haha

-
Back