New hammer what will it run?

-
Headers looks really nice, good job and seems like combo was running good

Mhead, I saw on the first page, someone predicted 10.50s, and you said you'd be happy with that. Well, you're right at 10.ohs, 10.teens now. Good job. E.t. is excellent for the mph.

Thanks everyone.
We have noticed the mph is a little off when we compare to other racers.Hopefully in a few weeks when the tracks open we will get some passes with the new headers.

Thanks everyone.
We have noticed the mph is a little off when we compare to other racers.Hopefully in a few weeks when the tracks open we will get some passes with the new headers.
Your headers look awesome. Hoe much to make another set? Lol. You need to send your header design to hooker/headman headers and see if they will mass produce them. It seems like nobody makes a full length header for the early dakotas thats bigger than 1-5/8. Headman makes up to 2 inch headers for a s10. Ok sorry for getting on my soap box. Great job on the headers and I look forward to hearing how you do this year. Oh one last question. What are you useing for a transmission cross member?

I don't really enjoy building them after about the third tube I get bored.Spintek used to make 1 7/8×3" for later Dakotas and was told they may work on the earlier ones but not sure.
I considered the s10 headers and just weld mopar flanges on them but the s10 I saw them on engine compartment is way different.
I used the stock four cylinder five speed transmission cross member.

I don't really enjoy building them after about the third tube I get bored.Spintek used to make 1 7/8×3" for later Dakotas and was told they may work on the earlier ones but not sure.
I considered the s10 headers and just weld mopar flanges on them but the s10 I saw them on engine compartment is way different.
I used the stock four cylinder five speed transmission cross member.
I understand what you are saying about the headers. It looks like I am going to have to build a set myself for my dakota and I can't fab for crap. I remember the spin tech headers. Bit it looks like they only make them in mid length now. I was asking about the cross member. Because I found out if you Rdrill two mounting holes on the left side, that the new holley black hart transmission cross member that was made for installing a gen3 hemi. Will work with a LA/ Magnum engine. It let's you run a duel exhaust system with it hacking up the crossmember. When I decided to try some 18 inch header exstions on my 91. There was no way of getting them to work with out hacking up the factory crossmember. The holley you can buy different mounting plates to use 904/727 / 5-6 speed stick/ 8 speed auto etc.

I understand what you are saying about the headers. It looks like I am going to have to build a set myself for my dakota and I can't fab for crap. I remember the spin tech headers. Bit it looks like they only make them in mid length now. I was asking about the cross member. Because I found out if you Rdrill two mounting holes on the left side, that the new holley black hart transmission cross member that was made for installing a gen3 hemi. Will work with a LA/ Magnum engine. It let's you run a duel exhaust system with it hacking up the crossmember. When I decided to try some 18 inch header exstions on my 91. There was no way of getting them to work with out hacking up the factory crossmember. The holley you can buy different mounting plates to use 904/727 / 5-6 speed stick/ 8 speed auto etc.

Screenshot_20221028-095052_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221030-022048_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221030-022025_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221028-095043_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221030-022018_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221028-095038_Photos.jpg

My collector is very close to the factory cross member but I don't have flanges either.
So update,
Made the trip to mir today for t&t.I am happy with the results on the headers.This is me with the horrible light.
Put son in the truck next round and he goes 022 light.Dam kids.
Anyhow it pick up .21 in the quarter and almost one tenth in the 1/8" from previous best with th

20230305_113705.jpg
e same air.

Nice pass! It looks like the headers are working too.

-
Back