New hammer what will it run?

-
10.45 ish at 126-127
I think I was at 165-170 degrees.
Like your guess on et.
I obviously have no way of knowing, but I will bet that if you weren't consciously TRYING to warm your e85 engine up, it was too cold for a stumble-free leave.
The car I drove would go almost a half mile from pit to staging lanes, and be at 140°f when I got there. I had to sit idling for 5 minutes at least.

Wow truck looks great.has it been lowered? Mine has caltrac set up
I ordered a strange s60 bare the width to fit the rear wheels I already had with tires I planed on running(almost identical to factory abody specs).Wheels are 8" with 4" back space.I cut all the factory stuff off the frame.Its a art ladder bar kit,130 lb coil over springs and strange shocks.

I ordered a strange s60 bare the width to fit the rear wheels I already had with tires I planed on running(almost identical to factory abody specs).Wheels are 8" with 4" back space.I cut all the factory stuff off the frame.Its a art ladder bar kit,130 lb coil over springs and strange shocks.
Cool. My 91 has a stock width exployer 8.8. Wheels are 15x10 with 5.5BS and MT 28.5x15 pro bracket radials

Thank you

Screenshot_20220101-124105_Photos.jpg

I hope to get to race this year. I didn't get to go once last year.

What will the trickflows flow?

My 408 ran a 260/264 @ .050", .628/.633 flat solid with ported Edelbrocks that flowed 293 @ .650", deep port matched Victor with a Biggs 950. It ran fastest shifting at 64-6600, anything more or less and it slowed down.

My 434 has a solid roller, 263/271 @ .050", .711/.719" measured at the retainers with Indy heads and intake. On the dyno it made peak power at 6700 and I normally shift it at 7-7200. It has ran 6.25 in the 1/8, on that pass the 1-2 shift was at 7800, for whatever reason I was bad late :realcrazy:.

I'm thinking you have the cam to pull to 7k but not sure the heads will support it. If it pulls clean I'm guessing 10.20's, if not 10.40.

What will the trickflows flow?

My 408 ran a 260/264 @ .050", .628/.633 flat solid with ported Edelbrocks that flowed 293 @ .650", deep port matched Victor with a Biggs 950. It ran fastest shifting at 64-6600, anything more or less and it slowed down.

My 434 has a solid roller, 263/271 @ .050", .711/.719" measured at the retainers with Indy heads and intake. On the dyno it made peak power at 6700 and I normally shift it at 7-7200. It has ran 6.25 in the 1/8, on that pass the 1-2 shift was at 7800, for whatever reason I was bad late :realcrazy:.

I'm thinking you have the cam to pull to 7k but not sure the heads will support it. If it pulls clean I'm guessing 10.20's, if not 10.40.

my buddy with the trickflows on his stroker has that nice 264-268 Hughes solid. 620 ish lift with his 1.6’s.
Its done at 6500-6600 running 1/4 mile. Good gear for the combo i think
So i think you are correct.
OP i think has a 28 tire and 4.10 gear, shouldn't get past 6600-6700 i wouldn't think.
Be curious to see how his convertor works. 5600( if that is where it indeed ends up) seems a bit much to me, but i could be wrong..it for sure wont be WAY off.

my buddy with the trickflows on his stroker has that nice 264-268 Hughes solid. 620 ish lift with his 1.6’s.
Its done at 6500-6600 running 1/4 mile. Good gear for the combo i think
So i think you are correct.
OP i think has a 28 tire and 4.10 gear, shouldn't get past 6600-6700 i wouldn't think.
Be curious to see how his convertor works. 5600( if that is where it indeed ends up) seems a bit much to me, but i could be wrong..it for sure wont be WAY off.

Attachments

• tfs-61617801-c00.pdf
    824.4 KB · Views: 122
My thoughts too. Bout stalling like a stock eliminator car. 6/800 below peak. I always liked one a little tighter for bracket work

Last edited:
You need to watch out using the dyno can be habit forming...[/QUOTE
Well we was able to get the cam broke in and reinstall the inner valve springs yesterday. Not a bad day considering we lost power twice because of the snow storm.Should make some pulls next week with 110 sunoco and e85.
20220312_144101.jpg

Cool can't wait to hear the results. What oil pan did you use. I bought a kevco oil pan for mine. But it looks like I am going to have to pull the transmission to install it. Are those the headers you are useing in the your dakota?

Cool can't wait to hear the results. What oil pan did you use. I bought a kevco oil pan for mine. But it looks like I am going to have to pull the transmission to install it. Are those the headers you are useing in the your dakota?
It's a kevco pan and pick up.Not happy with either one but like the design. Pan was twisted and the pick up i had to have machined because it wasn't flat.
20220310_163947.jpg

They are dyno headers 1 3/4"-1 7/8" step to 3 1/2".My headers won't work on the dyno.My headers are 1 3/4"×3" so I'm sure we will get better numbers with the dyno headers.

It's a kevco pan and pick up.Not happy with either one but like the design. Pan was twisted and the pick up i had to have machined because it wasn't flat.View attachment 1715887895
I think I got the same pan as you have. How did you find out the pick up plate wasn't flat? Mine came with the pickup tube welded to the plate that bolts to the oil pump. But yes half the right front of the oil pan rail was bent up on my pan straight out of the box. But the box it came in was fine. So some how it got bent before it was put in the box.

I hope so.I see alot of these trick flow heads builds that are more street builds.I would love to see more bracket race builds.

I'd like to see more also. I have one in the works. Stock stroke, solid roller, bunch of compression on E85 deal. Hopefully get to fire it up in the next month or so.

I have some pit buddies that use methanol and lean out valves so I'm sure they will help me out.Thanks

Nothing to it really. A hose fitting on the back of the intake under the carb or a spacer that is tapped for a fitting. Slide a 3/8 rubber hose on it and route it inside the car and connect it to a ball valve (I use a 1/2 inch valve) and mount it within reach. While driving to the lanes open the valve to build heat or while parked in the lanes. Don’t forget to close the valve.

I'm guessing a sub 10 sec is goal? My Duster 451 went from pump gas 10.5:1 comp to 12.5:1 E85. Replaced well ported iron 452s with mod ported B1/BS head. New flat top Ross pistons. Replaced stock RB rods with BME aluminum rods. Same 727 trans. Same 4.56:1 spooled 8 3/4" rear. Same 30x10.5 tire. Car weigh went from 3110lb to 3060lb. (With a couple other small weight reduction efforts.)

Car went from 10.80s to 10.30s. (I too was hoping faster. But I find I NEVER go as fast as I hope. Lol)

You however are changing cubic inch. Thus should see more result than my efforts. Mine still remained 451.

Last edited:
Nothing to it really. A hose fitting on the back of the intake under the carb or a spacer that is tapped for a fitting. Slide a 3/8 rubber hose on it and route it inside the car and connect it to a ball valve (I use a 1/2 inch valve) and mount it within reach. While driving to the lanes open the valve to build heat or while parked in the lanes. Don’t forget to close the valve.
Sounds simple.

-
Back