new headers

-

EddieSketti

Reaction score
looking for new headers for my 1969 dodge dart small block 904 trans. getting rid of my hooker headers that came with the car that looked like they installed them with a hammer.im thinking dougs headers or TTI headers. the TTI look like they are stepped headers the dougs header don't seem to be stepped, anybody have any input on this ??

correct tti stepped....dougs not stepped.....tti very expensive...dougs some what less expensive...

I have read you can get a 20% off coupon for autozone and order the Dougs ...I believe that is the part number for A bodies...

tti is 1 5/8 stepped to 1 3/4....dougs 1 5/8 .......

I have several set of TTi....like them alot.....dont own any Dougs.....my two cents

Both are good and fit well Dougs a bit less expensive

If the current headers are new, it is not that difficult to massage the dents out, or replace the crushed parts, which is a lot less money than new TTIs. Don't think that TTIs won't need "fitting"; That seldom happens. You're still gonna have at least two difficult areas and the engine is not likely to end up in the stock location.
However, that above the steering design, for me, was well worth the struggle. I can now blast over anything with impunity. Well, not quite; I had to install a skidplate to protect my Milodon roadrace pan. Now I can blast....

I have installed TTi's in a 1970 Dart, 360/727 and a 1975 Dart Sport 360/727. Both sets went in with little or no grief, only time a hammer was needed was to tap the slip fit tube in, and that was a rubber mallet. I'd never hesitate to use them again, but they are definitely not cheap. I've never personally used Doug's, so I can't comment on them.

Last edited:
-
Back