New Heads!

-

Done Swimmin

Reaction score
EngineQuest’s Mopar cylinder heads wake up small blocks

By:
Aftermarket Business World Wire Reports

August 30th, 2012
Mopar small-block street enthusiasts and racers looking for an affordable high-flowing cast iron cylinder head can call off the search. EngineQuest (EQ®) has just what they need, as their brand new Chrysler Magnum cylinder heads will wake up any 318, 340, 360 and “stroker” combinations right out of the box. EQ’s Magnum heads are a Mopar lover’s dream when building a mild or wild Chrysler “A” engine on a budget.
Like this article? Sign up for our enews blasts here.
Cast in Australia with premium materials and machined to exact tolerances, the EQ Magnum cylinder heads accept production or aftermarket valvetrain components, intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds/headers. EQ Magnum cylinder heads provide an affordable alternative to more pricey aftermarket aluminum versions while not giving up power for racing or severe street usage.
Two versions of the EngineQuest Magnum head are available to fit a wide variety of applications.
· EQ Part #CH318B -1992–2004 Chrysler 318/360 head machined for a pre-1990 LA-style intake manifold bolt pattern that still uses all Magnum rocker parts. The EQ CH318B is also approved as a stock replacement for the IMCA Hobby Stock and SportMod divisions.
· EQ’s Part #CH318A – Identical to the CH318B but machined for the production 1992-2004 5.2L and 5.9L Magnum intake manifold bolt pattern
EQ’s Magnum cast iron cylinder heads will also retro-fit on virtually any 1967 or newer Chrysler small-block with ease. No need to do the “junkyard crawl” or spend weekends going to swap meets looking for rusty head castings. The EQ Magnum heads are engineered and designed to outperform any production cylinder head including the infamous 1968-1971 Chrysler 340 “X” casting.
For more information about the EQ Mopar Magnum cylinder heads or any of their products, visit www.enginequest.com or phone (702) 649-7776.

Nothing new ...... put a set on my car 3 yrs ago........got a second set sitting on the shelf as well.

Nothing new ...... put a set on my car 3 yrs ago........got a second set sitting on the shelf as well.

Yep, their not new now. I bought a set nearly 3 yrs. ago. They are a decent head. Running them on my mild 408 and happy with them. Hughes engines sells them labeled as Iron Rams.

Engine masters did a 318 build with these guys back in the Winter 2011 issue I believe. They thought highly of them.

Engine masters did a 318 build with these guys back in the Winter 2011 issue I believe. They thought highly of them.

I read that article. I think the guy that built his engine with them is a member here on the board but I haven't seen him post lately.

The EQ's are just the old Pro-action/topline heads (thats why they're cast in australia), Same part numbers and everything, I've had a set of the CH318A's for almost 10 years. EQ bought the cores a couple years ago after Pro-Action claimed bankruptcy

Do they make a head for a 340? anything aluminum or an i going with the edelbrock rpm heads?

Do they make a head for a 340? anything aluminum or an i going with the edelbrock rpm heads?

They'll bolt right on and work on any LA but you have to run oil through lifters and pushrods cause the rocker arms are oiled through the pushrods. You also need different rocker arms than LA's used. They don't make them in aluminum.

-
Back