Status
Not open for further replies.

moparspeedshop

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Mopar guys out there can you send Info on the hemi-
In order for me to set the 2003 Hemi in my duster i will need to get the right engine mounts- most of the info ive learned was from STREET&PERFORMANCE- also clearance issues between headers and steering linkage- all of the modifications are being done to a '73 duster- thanks for any info :snakeman:

need v8 k frame or aftermarket one no power brake booster and no power steering . we tried to put 5.7 in my 71 dart with /6 k frame wont work.
oil pan 1/8 above kframe,valve covers hit pb booster, ps adjuster 1" from exhaust port , head hit steering colum support bearing.

Steve

thanks so for the cost it might not be a good way to go i have a 73 Duster and a 75 Duster i have 440 going in the 75 and not sher on the 73 i have 340 and looking at the 416 stroker - but they sold my crank on me - well iam look for a solid 400 hp - the 440 is more or less drag car -

plenty of guys ahve dropped a 5.7 in A bodys,,YOU MAY BEED TO DO SOME SLIGHT MODS,, reconfigure the steering column,,not hard,,,check shumaker maybe he has mounts for the 5.7,,

I gess you just had a oil pan made up -an can i just go to TTI web sit to see the parts i need - thanks - do u have any pics of the 5.7 with the headers- I

now Ihave not got them back from the paint shop

Ryans pictures 009.jpg

Ryans pictures 014.jpg

Ryans pictures 011.jpg

car pics 436.jpg

car pics 440.jpg

car pics 441.jpg

car pics 437.jpg

a bunch of new pictures 123.jpg

Ryans pictures 735.jpg

6.1 in a Demon. S&P made me hugger, shorty headers......fit great!!.

The TTI's wouldnt work w/ my setup cause of the modifications done.

8-15-02 005.JPG

8-15-02 003.JPG

so how much are you into the after market k fram and rackin pinon steering set up - like most iam tring to do this on a budget - also do u have more pics fitting the motor in - and or what your mounts look like - any info realy help at this point- I dont have the 5.7 hemi yet but working on geting it out of a 2003 dodge truck -i will have the wiring harnes and the computer as well-thanks-

It's an AlterKtion front, but we cut it up and moved it into the subframe 2". Centered the motor, raised it 2", modified RMS's motor mounts...for a cleaner look. The AlterKtion makes life so much easier to fit everything in the car.....downfall is $$$. Used an Ididit column, again to clean up the appearance. The 6.1 accessories are different than the 5.7....the 5.7 mounts the Ac/alternator up high making an easier fit

Lots of companies can re-flash the factory computer. I plan on using an aftermarket system by AEM. Might add some boost and do the bottom end of the motor at some time.

7-18 updates 026.jpg

8-15-02 002.JPG

9-29 updates 003.jpg

I called Street and Performance and unless your car is at their shop they will not make the headers. I also am on a budget and am using the TTI headers, TTI motor mounts, stock k frame and weld tech oil pan. I will be using the front timing cover off of the truck so the accessories are towards the top vs the car stuff that is at the bottom.

My car is not at their shop, never has been and they built these. Maybe they changed their policy, but I got these a few months ago from S&P.

My car is not at their shop, never has been and they built these. Maybe they changed their policy, but I got these a few months ago from S&P.

yes I know.. however I'm telling u want Mark at the shop told me. I referred ur build to him but he said they wont do then unless the car is in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back