New here and to this scene

-

forcefed

Reaction score
Hello, name is Chad. I've been in the import scene for a while now, but recently inherited a 71 demon, with a bunch of parts to go along with it. And i'm going to be needing help from you guys to get this thing going.

All i have are these pics for the time being. Hoping to have the car out of storage and in my shop within the next couple weeks. Along with it i've got some parts that i can identify and some that i can't. 4 motors: 3- 340s and a 360, a 727 tranny, couple cranks, 4 bins full of pistons, rods, couple aftermarket carbs, couple high rise IMs, spacers, a set of long tubes and a bunch more.

n550920486_2153343_6845.jpg

n550920486_2153344_6493.jpg

n550920486_2153405_1867.jpg

and for anyone who was interested in my "ricer" side.
My 94 integra: built h22a, its gt72, aem ems. made 406whp and 305wtq letting out early due to a breakup (spark plugs) on 12psi and 93oct.

305457688_eff843c04d_o.jpg

c0d031d4.jpg

run8p2.jpg

Currently changing the setup but now on hold because 8cyl + turbo + traction, sounds like more fun to me

welcome aboard you`ll find alot of help on this site, alot of knowledge and alot of good people. looks ike you have a very good start with that car.
more pictures please.

thanks guys. I will have better pics when we get it out of storage, aside from the garage door being opened a few times this car hasn't seen the light of day in about 5 years, so its long over due for road time

welcome, looks like a nice start on the demon, it will be nice to get it back to your shop and sort out what you actually have and form a plan. Ya know, "plan your work, and work your plan". Nothin better when a plan comes together, I wish I would have followed my advice better!! Anyway good luck, and I am sure you can some good info/help here. I will be watching for more pics.

Clean integra, Why choose the H22? and not something like b20? I know the
h22 has alot of toque but its heavy isnt it?

Clean integra, Why choose the H22? and not something like b20? I know the
h22 has alot of toque but its heavy isnt it?

the weight difference between the h22 and a b18/b20 is minor, somewhere around 120ish (once you rid of the balance shafts and a couple other little things) which is made up for in hp and tq as you said. Plus the class that i've been setting the car up for allows the h22 (2.2L) to run the same 72mm inducer turbo limit as the smaller b series (1.6-1.8s).

true but doesnt a b18 block with a b20 head make more torque?

the weight difference between the h22 and a b18/b20 is minor, somewhere around 120ish (once you rid of the balance shafts and a couple other little things) which is made up for in hp and tq as you said. Plus the class that i've been setting the car up for allows the h22 (2.2L) to run the same 72mm inducer turbo limit as the smaller b series (1.6-1.8s).

lol ok,now that was foriegn but anyways welcome to fabo and looking forward to helping out. This is a great place to unload extra parts too. A little work and youll have another sweet ride. Nice ricer too.

Haha I just know a little about Imports becasue thats how I got into cars, but when You live in CA you look for ways aaround smoging cars and Muscle cars is my Way.

ahh then its the other way around b18 head with b20 bottom end I think, ITs one of those, But ive heard of people running that setup and going pretty fast

Welcome Chad, I have been neglecting my welcome wagon and glad you found this great site. There are some of the best of the best tec's here to help get the Demon going. Enjoy.

Welcome...that demon will be a monster when it gets done.

I will admit that I am not too impressed with the integra....outrun quite a few. Stick with the demon and you'll be fine....

Welcome aboard,and welcome to the "real" world of muscle cars..leave those "rice burners" to the kids...

yea glad you changed over...a tubbed demon is way flippin cooler than any import? I bet that japanese front conversion was quite pricey eh? whats that cars best et by any chance?

-
Back